YOU HAVE PERMISSION

Dystychiphobia

(n.) the fear of hurting someone 

_______________

See who is still regular? Me *ninety degree nose like SSO*

"Chose between your family and Annika Shivaay!"

He stood there perplexed, even Om and Rudra couldn't believe her. Shivaay felt his nerves freezing at that. She can't mean what he is thinking. There can be no way. She is his mother!

"If you chose your family, you would leave Annika and never contact her again, if you chose Annika, you leave this house right now and never show your face again to us!" She said with a dead face.

"Mom? What are you saying?" asked Om, raising his voice "What have gotten into your Mom?" Something was wrong with her; she had always been difficult but never this cold especially with Shivaay. He was the one person who had always been with her.

"Mom, He is Shivaay bhaiya----how---how could you ask him this?" asked Rudra, his voice getting heavy at the change in atmosphere. He just couldn't get how his mother could do this to his Shivaay bhaiya, the one person who had always stood by her through every difficulty in life. Even when he and Om were away in hostel, it was only Shivaay who was there with her throughout her abusive relationship.

"I am talking to Shivaay, don't interfere!" She ordered strictly, Om and Rudra were going to say something but Shivaay gave them a nod to keep silent. He just looked at his mother not believing her words.

"You are joking right mom? You can't be this cruel to me!"

His voice was heavy, the hurt clearly visible. The pain in his head now reaching his chest. Niharika winced at that but she was determined, she won't let her child go astray "If you chose Annika, you would leave this business, this house, the family and everything related to Oberoi."

"Mom---what have Annika even done to you for so much hate?" Shivaay asked perplexed, he couldn't make a choice in this. He can't do this "Her love for me is the only thing I am demanding from you since ever. Why are you being so difficult?"

"Can't you see what she has done?" Niharika screamed, almost hysteric "She is a liar, she fakes emotions, she is a manipulator. Can't you see, she has snatched you from me? I am losing my child because of her!"

"You are not loosing me because of her Mom" he pushed his head, to hold back a frustrated tear before continuing "You are pushing me away Mom! Please don't do this. Annika is my only wish I ever asked from you, please don't snatch it from me."

"My decision is final Shivaay!" She sniffled, wrapping her arms around her chest.

He kept staring her for some time, not able to believe her. She really is doing this to him. The hurt kept gnawing on his chest like anything. In his entire life he had never asked his mother for anything not even when he was a kid, this time for the first time he insisted on something only for her to release an ultimatum.