MY SELFISH DAY

Sprezzatura 

(n.) the ability to make one's action seem effortless or to disguise one's true feeling, desire or meanings

) the ability to make one's action seem effortless or to disguise one's true feeling, desire or meanings

"99, 100, 101, 102, 103------"

"Anu"

Annika looked up to see her mother smiling at her with wide open arms. "Mumma" The little Annika rushed in her mother's arm but before that she faded away.

"Mumma"' She called around, with tears in eyes but all that was there was darkness.

"I promise to be a better daughter Mumma, I promise I would listen to everything you say. Please come back. Just ones please--" her whimper was the only thing that reverberated in the cold darkness.

"Warrior"

Annika turned to see her father, standing there. With his charming warm smile. He opened his arms for he, getting on his knees. She rushed into his arms as he engulfed her kissing her cheek "I am always proud of you my warrior and remember—"

"'----Family defines us even if it demands sacrifice" Annika repeated his quote, pulling back to look at him, when much to her horror, his face started disfiguring. A glass piercing stuck in his eye, blood, flesh dripping out of it.

"Papa----"

"Papa" An unconscious Annika whispered in her sleep, making Shivaay worry even more. She had fallen unconscious before Naresh could come. He isn't sure whether she heard his confession or not but that wasn't an issue, if she will accept him. He is ready to say it for the rest of his life.

When Naresh came and gave her the antidote, the point that she has fallen unconscious triggered nightmares as a side effect. If she would have been conscious, it would have been just mild hallucination but otherwise the nightmares were stressful. And for Annika, her nightmares were the reality of her life!

"I am sorry. I don't know what was on me that I injected the poison in her. When she held me down, I had this in my pocket and I just injected her. I had no sense of what I was doing. I just wanted to do some damage to Shikhar Oberoi. I---just wanted justice for my-----" Naresh stumbled back when Shivaay almost hit him but was held back by Om and Rudra. His eyes were red in anger. Have they not held him back, it felt like he would kill Naresh at the moment! Not caring either about his age or about his dead daughter.

"Getting justice? Getting justice of the death of an innocent by killing another acquitted?" he snapped "I get it. You wanted to kill me since I am Shikhar's son, I have no qualms for what you did with me but why the hell you went after her." Shivaay pushed away Om and Rudra holding Naresh throat, slamming him to the nearest wall.

"Shivaay, leave him. What are you doing?" Sid pulled away Shivaay from Naresh, who writhed to find his breath. While Shivaay struggled from Sid's grip. "What is wrong with you Shivaay? Why are you losing your calm?" This state shocked everyone out there. This anger, wasn't what they have seen in Shivaay.