Diagon Alley

Y/N's POV

I awoke the next morning wondering whether yesterday had really happened or it was just a dream. As I made my way downstairs, I noticed Claire sitting by the window watching the other children playing outside.

"Morning Claire." I said.

"Good Morning Y/N." she said.

"Claire, I have to ask."

"hmm?" she replied while not taking her eyes of the children playing outside.

"Did a man named Dumbledore visit yesterday or was I dreaming?" I asked.

"Yes, he really did visit, and he is picking you up today to take you to get your school things." she replied while smiling at me.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Claire went to answer while I looked out the window. I turned away from the window as footsteps approached to see Claire standing beside the man I had meet yesterday.

"Good Morning Y/N." Dumbledore said

"Good morning Professor." I said with a smile.

"Are you ready to leave?" he asked.

"Yes sir."

"Good then best we be off." Dumbledore said.

As we left, I asked.

"Sir how are getting to where we need to be? I don't think your robes would blend in on the bus."

Dumbledore chuckled at my remark and went on to say.

"Ah I shall explain more in a moment Y/N."

We proceeded down an empty alleyway where we stopped.

"Take my arm Y/N." he said.

I did as was told and I suddenly felt myself dragged along as we landed, I stumbled backwards into a wall taking deep breaths trying not to vomit. I regained my bearings and looked around, we seemed to have arrived at a blank wall I looked at it confusingly until it clicked.

"Professor is this a secret passageway into the place that has all the shops I need for school?" I asked.

Dumbledore chuckled at my response.

"it is Y/N well done." he said with a smile.

Dumbledore took out his wand and tapped on the wall. The wall started moving to allow access to the street that was behind it.

"Welcome Y/N to Diagon Alley." Dumbledore said as my mouth hung open in amazement, I had never seen anything like this before. There were Cauldrons stacked high I could see owls flying through the street I turned to see books putting themselves away at a nearby bookstore and children staring at a broom. Dumbledore led me through the crowded street before I decided to ask.

"Professor did you know my parents?"

"I did indeed Y/N they were incredible people both exceptionally bright, but your father did like to cause mischief every now and again." He said with a smile.

"Professor what happened to them why was I left at an orphanage?" I asked.

Dumbledore let out a sigh, "Your parents were murdered by an evil wizard named Voldemort. He wanted your father to join him, and he refused. Your mother ran away with you while your father fought him to buy her some time. Fortunately, she was able to send you away to safety before he killed her as well."

I stood still rooted to the spot. my parents had been murdered.

"But Professor why did he want my dad to join?" I asked.