Gryffindor Vs Slytherin

Y/N's POV

The next morning came around and we all sat at the Gryffindor table excited for the match except for one person, Harry. He was nervous and kept staring at the empty plate in front of him.

"Harry have a bit of toast mate." Ron said as he continued to stuff his face honestly, I do not know where he puts it.

"Ron's right Harry you will need your strength." Hermione said.

"Harry mate, eat something or so help me, the closest you will get to flying today is me launching you into a bowl of bloody cornflakes."

"Y/N L/N!" Hermione exclaimed as she slapped me on the arm.

"Ouch Hermione that hurt more than getting hit by that damn troll." I said causing us all to laugh.

"Good luck today Potter." said a voice from behind us.

We turned to see Snape looking at Harry.

"Then again, now you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy even if it is against Slytherin" He finished as he walked away.

Harry's POV

I watched Snape walk away and noticed he had a limp.

"That explained the blood." I said.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Glad I was not the only one who saw that as we left." Y/N said.

"Listen I think Snape let that troll in last night so he could get past that three headed dog on Halloween. But he got himself bitten that's why he is limping". I finished.

"But why would anyone go near that thing?" Hermione asked.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out from the vault that was robbed or attempted I should say, said it was Hogwarts business very secret".

"So, what you are saying Harry is-" Hermione said

"That's what the dog is guarding that's what Snape wants." I finished.

We heard a screech from above and looked up and saw Hedwig.

"Harry it's for you." Y/N said to me.

Y/N looked at me to see Hedwig flying down towards him holding a long thin package. As she dropped it, she flew off again.

"But I never get mail?" I said.

"Let's open it." said Ron.

We opened it to be greeted with a gleaming broomstick.

"It's a broomstick." I said with shock on his face.

"That's not just a broomstick Harry, That's a nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed with awe on his face.

"But who?" I asked.

"Look at the teachers table mate." Y/N said.

We all looked to see Professor McGonagall stroking Hedwig while giving her some bacon. She smiled at me as I returned the smile.

Hermione's POV

We proceeded to make our way down to the pitch and into the stands as Harry got ready with the rest of the team. I was excited to see my first Quidditch match as I had never seen the game before. Y/N, Ron and I found some good seats and were ready to cheer on Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor team. As both teams soared through the air, we cheered as hard as we could for Gryffindor.

"Welcome to the first quidditch game of the season, Slytherin vs Gryffindor!" The voice of Lee Jordan rang out over the crowd.

I watched as Harry took his position, On the field riding his nimbus 2000.