A Bulgarian Bastard and The Yule Ball

Y/N's POV

As the day of the Yule Ball got closer and closer Harry and Ron still had no luck in finding dates. Harry had asked Cho out to the ball and she turned him down saying she was going with Cedric, which severely disappointed him. Harry and I sat in the Common Room talking about the Yule Ball and trying to find him a date when the portrait opened. We watched as Ron came in all pale as Ginny helped him to his seat.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." Ginny said.

"What did she say?" Harry asked.

"No of course." Ginny said.

But Ron shook his head.

"What she said yes?" I asked shocked.

"There she was walking by," Ron croaked. "You know I like it when they walk......"

"Ron I don't need to bloody know that." I said.

"I couldn't help it, it sort of just slipped out." Ron finished.

"Actually he sort of screamed at her." Ginny said. "It was a bit frightening to be honest."

"What did you do then?" Harry asked.

"What else?" Ron said. "I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what got into me."

"Didn't Hermione suggest the Patil twins?" I asked.

"She did." Harry said.

"Well Parvati's right there just ask her Harry." I said pointing over at where Parvati stood.

"I don't have the nerve." Harry said.

"Fine I'll do it for you." I said.

I made my way over to Parvati who was talking to another Gryffindor girl.

"Hey Parvati, do you or your sister have a date for the Yule Ball?" I asked.

"I thought you were going with Hermione?" She replied.

"I am but I am not asking for me." I said. "I am here asking on Harry and Ron's behalf."

As Parvati looked at Harry she smiled at him one he returned.

"Sure tell Harry I will go with him and Padma will go with Ron."

"Thanks Parvati."

I made my way back over to him and smiled.

"Parvati said she will go with you and her sister will with Ron."

"Thanks Y/N you're a lifesaver." Harry said as I laughed.

"Speaking of dates Y/N where's Hermione?" Ginny asked.

"She was in the library just before I came up to the Common Room."

A moment later Hermione came in and with tears rolling down her face. We all looked at her as I rushed forwards and hugged her.

"Mione what's wrong?" I asked as I touched her arm she flinched in pain.

She then pulled me into a tight hug and cried into my chest. I was feeling my heart break.

"Mione please tell me what's wrong." I said as I led her over to the sofa and sat her down. Harry Ginny and Ron sat in the chairs as Hermione began to tell us what happened to her.

Hermione's Flashback.

I sat in the library reading up about Golden eggs. I was trying to find anything that might be useful for Y/N or Harry but had not found anything that was useful. I sighed as I closed another book and held my head in my hands wondering if I should give up for the day and resume this at another time. I placed all the books back on the shelves and made my way towards the exit before I was stopped by Viktor Krum.