Chamber of Secrets and Secrets revealed

Y/N's POV

Over the next few days, I explained to Harry and Ron what I had found out and explained how I figured it out.

"That's incredible mate, but why did you not tell us sooner?" Harry asked.

"I wanted to check my theory first and if I am right Hermione has the piece of paper that could confirm what I think is right." I said.

Today Harry, Ron and I had decided to visit Hermione as we approached the hospital wing Madam Pomfrey was very resistant till she saw that Harry and Ron were with me and she reluctantly let us in. We made our way over to Hermione and I replaced the flowers like I always did. I still felt at fault for her being in this position.

"Wish you were here Mione." I said sadly brushing some of the hair out of her eyes.

"Y/N the piece of paper from the book, you haven't seen it on Hermione, have you?" Ron said.

"No, I haven't." I replied.

"Guys what's that crumpled in her hand?" Harry asked. I watched as Harry wrestled the paper out from Hermione's hand.

"Y/N you were right you and Hermione where on to the same thing." Harry said to me.

He then flattened out the paper and began to read.

"Of the many beast that roam our land none is more deadly than the Basilisk, known as the king of serpents. The snake which can reach gigantic size can also live for hundreds of years, is born from a chicken egg and hatched beneath a toad. Its methods of killing are wonderous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare and all those who are fixed by its gaze shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before it, for it is their mortal enemy. The crowing of a rooster is the only thing fatal to a Basilisk."

"Hey something else is written as well, Pipes?" Ron asked.

"Oh, how could I be so stupid." I said as Harry and Ron looked at me confusingly.

"Don't you get it? The Basilisk has been moving through the plumbing to get around the school without anyone seeing it." I continued to say.

"Okay but if the basilisk kills by looking at them how come no one died and are only petrified?" Ron asked.

"Because no one looked it in the eyes not directly at least." Harry said as I nodded.

"Have you two gone mental?" Ron asked.

"No just listen." I said.

"Colin got petrified by seeing the basilisk through the lens of his camera, Justin saw it through nick so he got petrified and Nick got the fall blast, Hermione and Penelope were found with a mirror Hermione must have warned her and they saw the reflection." I said.

"And Mrs Norris? pretty sure she didn't have any of those things." Ron said.

"The water, the corridor was flooded that night she must have seen the reflection in the water." Harry said.

"Hang on didn't Aragog say that the girl who died was found in the bathroom what if she never left?" Harry asked.

"Moaning Myrtle." we all said in unison.

Suddenly a voice came from the speakers above us "All students are to return to their common rooms immediately, all teachers to the second-floor corridor at once" McGonagall said.

"Guys can you give me a minute alone with Hermione please?" I asked. They nodded as they left the hospital wing.

"Mione believe it or not I am sorry for letting this happen to you not a day goes by that I don't blame myself for this, it's been tough on all of us since you have been petrified but more so on me. I really miss you." I said as I kissed her forehead. I really missed her so much she always brightened up my day I missed her warm chocolate brown eyes I missed her smile I missed the times we would read books together with her head on my shoulder, the times we would hold hands and the times we would hug one another and the kisses she would sometimes give me on my cheek.