The Sorting Ceremony

Hermione's POV

We entered the Great Hall to see four long tables with students setting either side. As I looked up, I took notice of the sky and began to explain to a girl next to me.

"It's not real, the ceiling its bewitched to look like the night sky I read about it in-" but before I could finish my sentence, I heard Y/N say

"Hogwarts a history one of my favourite books." He said with a smile.

"Wait you read Hogwarts a history?" I said with a smile on my face.

"Of course, along with all the other books required for the year." he finished.

Before I could reply my attention was drawn to the front of the hall where McGonagall bought a stool with an old looking hat on it.

"Wait here a moment please, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She said.

I watched as Dumbledore stood up from his chair in order to address the hall.

"First of all, welcome to Hogwarts to all our new students, and welcome back to our older students." He said with a smile.

"Now before we begin the sorting, I have a few notices I wish to announce. To the first year's please note that the forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor is out of bounds to all those who wish to not die a painful death. Thank you." He said as he took his seat once again.

Okay something to take note of I thought as my attention turned back to Professor McGonagall.

"When I call your name, you will come forth I shall place the hat on your head and will be sorted into your house's." she stated as she undid a piece of parchment.

"Hannah Abbot." she called out.

A girl with blonde pigtails came forward and sat down while McGonagall placed the hat on her head. A moment later the hat shouted out.

"Hufflepuff!"

As she left to join the Hufflepuff table I zoned out until I heard McGonagall call

"Hermione Granger."

As my name was called I tried to calm myself down by taking a deep breath and reassuring myself that everything would be alright.

"Hermione relax you will be fine." Y/N said as he placed his hands on my shoulders with a smile.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

Harry's POV

I watched as Y/N calmed Hermione down as she went towards the hat and took a seat.

"Mental that one I am telling you." Ron said from beside me.

"Ouch." Ron said as I turned to see Y/N had smacked him on the back of his head and glaring at him as well.

"Gryffindor!" the hat shouted out as Hermione made her way towards the Gryffindor table.

"Draco Malfoy." McGonagall called out.

The hat had barely touched its head before the hat shouted.

"Slytherin!"

With a smirk on his face, he joined the Slytherin table.

"Ronald Weasley!" McGonagall Shouted

Ron took a seat while McGonagall placed the hat on his head.