The Breakout and Summer at the Burrow

Y/N's POV

Summer had been an uneventful one for me I had mainly kept to myself writing to Ron, Harry and Hermione, Hermione more so than the others. Ron had invited me to spend some time at his home over the summer which I had happily accepted. I was worried about Harry though I had not heard from him all summer and was wondering why he had not replied to me when Bella came into the room and jumped onto my desk.

"Hey Bella had a nice stroll, did we?" I asked her.

She replied by nuzzling her face against mine. She was now fully grown, and the other kids had been spending time with her which she seemed to enjoy. As I continued reading one of my books, I heard an owl screech and looked to see an owl fly through my open window and collapse on my bed. I took the letter and placed the owl on the perch I had gotten and gave it some food and water.

Y/N

It is all fixed. Dad says he will get the ministry to connect your fireplace to ours so we can come and get you can you meet us at the fireplace tonight by 5pm? not sure if you can maybe find a way to distract the muggles so we do not scare them dad works for ministry and wants to make sure we do not do anything to scare them, your caretaker Claire knows though doesn't she? Send a reply with Errol as soon as you can.

Ron

I finished reading the letter and sighed Ron certainly had not given me much time to get everything organised especially with distracting the other kids in the orphanage. I quickly packed all my stuff into my trunk and wrote a reply to Ron.

Ron

Next time can you give me a bit more of a warning? Yes, I can meet you at 5 near the fireplace but I think Errol needs a rest for a while.

Y/N

After I finished writing the letter to Ron, I tied it to Errol and watch him take flight. I then made my way downstairs to find Claire.

"Claire?" I called out.

Claire came round the corner quickly with a look of concern on her face.

"Y/N what is it? Is everything ok?" she said.

"Everything is fine Claire, but I need to talk to you about something" I said to her.

I then explained to her about the letter and that we needed to find a way to keep the other children distracted while the Weasley's picked me up.

"Oh, that's easy I will take them out to the park for a few hours so that you can leave without interruption" Claire said.

"Thank you, Claire." I said to her.

I then took some muggle money out of my pocket and handed it to Claire.

"Get them some ice cream from me I kept some from before I left for Hogwarts last year" I said to her.

"Thank you, Y/N." said Claire.

I went back to my room to make sure everything was packed. I then called out for Bella.

"Bella?"

Bella waltz into my room looking pleased with herself.

"Hey girl I need to put you in your cage we are going to see Ron and his family" I said.

She looked sad at this as she had enjoyed being around the other kids.

"You can go and say goodbye to them but be quick okay?" I said to her as I scratched her behind the ears.