End of first year

Y/N's POV

I awoke slowly groaning in pain as I did, I felt that my ribs were wrapped up. I slowly raised my self up and looked around to realise I was in the hospital wing. I looked to my left to see Harry was awake. I smiled at him as he smiled back. I looked to the bottom of my bed to see stacks of sweets and some presents and the same for Harry. I wondered how long we had been in here. I was brought out of my thoughts by the door to the wing being opened.

"Ah good afternoon Y/N, Harry." Dumbledore said as he entered.

"Professor what's happening with the stone? did you manage to retrieve it? Voldemort did not manage to get his hands on it another way did he?" I started saying quickly.

"Calm yourself Y/N, the stone is safe." Dumbledore said with a raised hand.

"Ah gifts from your friends and admirers." Dumbledore said with a wave of his hand at the bottom of our beds.

"What happened between you, Harry and Quirrell is a complete secret so naturally the whole school knows." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Sir how long have we been in hospital?" I asked.

"Three days Y/N, Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger have been worried about you both greatly, but Ms. Granger has been demanding information regarding you since you have been in here." He said with a chuckle.

"Sir what's going to happen to the stone now and Nicolas and his wife?" Harry asked.

"You really did your research you two." Dumbledore said with a chuckle.

"Well Nicolas and I have had a chat and have decided it would be best for the stone to be destroyed." Dumbledore said

"But Professor does that not mean that he and his wife will die without the elixir of life?" I asked.

"They have enough elixir to get their affairs in order but then yes they will die." Dumbledore said.

I looked at Harry to see a crestfallen look on his face.

"Do not worry about them Harry for them its like going to sleep after a long day, Death is just another great adventure for them to explore now." He said with a smile as he gave me and Harry a tap on the shoulder.

"Sir why couldn't Quirrell touch either Y/N or me?" Harry asked.

"When your mothers sacrificed themselves to save you both the left behind a mark." He said with a deep sigh.

"What was it sir?" Harry asked.

"Love Harry, Quirrell who was full of greed sharing his soul with Voldemort could not stand to feel the effects of this and that's why he could not touch you both." Dumbledore said.

"Sir if I may how did I get the stone?" I asked Dumbledore.

"I am glad you asked Y/N as it is one of my more brilliant ideas. You see someone who wanted to find the stone, find it but not use it would be able to gain possession of it." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Ah Berrtie Botts every flavour bean, I was unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one and since I have not tried them, but I think It will be okay with a nice toffee." Dumbledore said while taking one from my box.

"I think that would be a safe bet sir." I said with a smile.

"Alas earwax." He said with a smile as Harry and I both laughed all be it with a bit of pain in my case due to my ribs.

As Professor Dumbledore left, I laid back down and chatted to Harry about what had happened with Quirrell. We then heard arguing outside the doors.