Date Night and Familiar Faces

Y/N's POV

It had only been a few days since I had returned to the orphanage from Hogwarts, and I had met the assistant carer Anne. She seemed nice and was good with the other kids, but I had also had to have a talk with Claire which we both did not enjoy. Soon I would have to leave the orphanage and find somewhere to live it was weighing heavily on my mind as I sat on my bed with Bella curled up next to me. I let out a sigh as I started to think on what I would do when I was brought out of my thoughts by a tapping on the window. I turned to see an owl with a letter in its beak and I let it in. It dropped off its letter and took flight I had sent a letter to Hermione about having our dinner date tomorrow night. I opened the letter and read it.

Dear Y/N

Sounds great I can't wait I do have a few places that I really enjoy eating at and hopefully you will as well. I was thinking you could meet me at my house at about 5.30.

Love always.

Mione.

I placed the letter down with a smile and thought about the night of the yule ball last year I really was lucky to have Hermione as my girlfriend. I stroked Bella for a while before there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I said as Bella stirred from her sleep.

"Hi Y/N can I sit down?" Claire asked as she looked round the door.

"Of course Claire." I said with a smile.

"Y/N about our conversation the other day I-" Claire began to say as she took a seat at my desk before I raised my hand to stop her.

"Claire I understand the situation we don't need to talk about it anymore." I said.

"Okay Y/N thank you for understanding." Claire said. "Oh this came for you from Dumbledore."

She handed me the letter and I read that Dumbledore still wanted to continue my lesson this year and he wished me well he also mentioned that there was something he wished to talk to me about when I returned to Hogwarts. After I had finished reading the letter Claire left and I picked up one of my books and began to read before I heard a car pull up and Claire's voice call out for me to come downstairs. I made my way downstairs to see Wendell and Monica with surprise on my face.

"Mr and Mrs. Granger what are you doing here is Hermione alright?" I asked worried that something had happened to her.

"Hello Y/N, Hermione's fine." Monica said with a smile.

"Actually we came over to invite you to stay for the holidays I know Hermione would love for you to spend the holidays with her especially with you two going on your date tomorrow night." Wendell said with a smile.

"Oh having a date night with Hermione are we?" Claire asked with a wide smile.

"Yes Claire we are." I replied with a smile.

"So Y/N we are on our way home from work we can wait if you want to pack your stuff." Wendell said with a smile.

"Sure um I need about five minutes or so if that's okay?"

"That's fine Y/N." Monica said with a smile.

I rushed upstairs to my room and started packing my things, Bella looked at me from the bed. She seemed confused as to why I was rushing around packing.

"Hey Bella, we are going to go and see Hermione." I said to her.

As soon as I had said that she let out a loud meow and jumped into her cage and tried to shut it like she did the previous year. I walked over to her cage and shut it for her and made my way back downstairs.