Return to the Borrow

Y/N's POV

Today was July the 20th Rosie's birthday. I had been sending Rosie letters over the summer break and she was excited that I would be coming to see her. Rosie had also sent a letter saying that the party would be at 2.30 and there would be other children there that do not know about Hogwarts. As the time came closer for us to leave I wrapped up the charm for Rosie as Hermione made sure that we had the food and that the owl's cage was secured. We said goodbye to Grandma, Grandad and Harry as we left and teleported to Rosie's home. As we approached the gate we could see her parents had a barbeque going with other children surrounding Rosie as she was handed gifts. We opened the gate and walked over to hear her laughing at a joke before she caught sight of us.

"Y/N!, Hermione!" she shouted as she ran over and hugged us with a smile on her face.

"Hello Rosie. Happy birthday." I said with a laugh as she let go of us.

"Hermione thank you for coming I didn't know you were."

"I'm staying with Y/N and thought it would be a nice surprise for you." Hermione said with a smile.

We saw that the other children looked at us confusingly as we had covered the owl with a cloth as we did not want to raise suspicion. Rosie's parents came over to us as Rosie talked to us about what she had been doing on her holiday so far.

"Hello Y/N we are so glad you could make it and you are Hermione correct?" Rosie's mother said.

"Yes Mrs. Primrose thank you for having us." Hermione replied with a smile.

"Oh no I think we should be thanking the two of you Rosie told us all about the two of you looking after her last year." Mr. Primrose said, "She has had a difficult time since her brother passed away."

"We are both sorry for your loss." I said.

"Thank you now if you want to hand Rosie her gift now you can." Rosie's mother said.

"Actually is there somewhere we can put this till the other children have left we don't want to raise any suspicion."

"Oh is it something for school?" Mr. Primrose asked.

"Yes it is." Hermione replied.

Mr. Primrose showed us into his home and we left the owl in the living room for now and made our way back out to see Rosie talking to her mother.

"Mum have you seen Y/N and Hermione?" Rosie asked. "They haven't left have they?"

"We haven't gone anywhere yet you little troublemaker." I said causing her to spin round and smile.

"We just had to leave one of your presents inside that's all." Hermione said with a smile.

"We do have a gift for you though Rosie one that can be opened here." Y/N said as he took out the box that we had the charm in for her. We had gotten a chain for her as well so she could wear it like a neckless and with help from Tina we had changed the charm into the shape of a leopard to reflect her Patronus.

Rosie took the box with a thank you as the other children looked to see what we had got her. She unwrapped it and opened the box and a wide smile appeared on her face.

 She unwrapped it and opened the box and a wide smile appeared on her face