Skylar's Birthday and First day at the Ministry.

Skylar's POV

It had been a week since I had been adopted and most things had stayed the same. Going to school, seeing Claire or Anne at the school, and chatting with the other children from the orphanage but one thing had changed and that was I had loving parents. I was still grateful that I had been adopted and I had now had everything I wanted. I stood by the gate waiting as Anne and Claire walked to the gate to meet with the other children that where still at the orphanage.

"Hello Skylar." Claire said with a smile as Anne got the other children together.

"Hi Claire." I responded with a smile.

"So how are you finding life with Y/N and Hermione?"

"I can't explain it I am just so happy all the time. It's like I was meant to be with them."

"I think you were." Claire responded with a smile. "Have they told you the story of how they knew they wanted to adopt you? Y/N told me a few days ago when he came to check on things."

"No."

"Well ask your mum and speaking of." Claire said with a smile looking behind her.

"Skylar!" I heard as mum came up to me with a wide smile and arms outstretched.

"Hi mum." I said giving her a hug as she kissed the top of my head.

"So how was school?" she asked as she let me go from the hug.

"Well we had a quiz today." I said as I took the paper from my folder in my bag and showed it to mum.

"And how did you do?" She asked taking it from me and as she looked at the result she smiled.

"Oh sweetheart I am so proud of you." Mum said as she hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "100% so proud."

"Thanks mum. Where's dad?"

"He is at the ministry just finishing his paperwork so he can start work next week."

"Hi Hermione." Claire said.

"Hi Claire so how are things with you?" Mum asked.

"Things are great thank you Hermione we have two more adoptions this weekend."

"Oh that's great." Mum said with a smile.

We soon said goodbye to the others and once we were out of sight we disapparated and headed home. As we entered Sniffles chirped and crawled up onto my shoulder and rubbed his face against mine.

"Hello Sniffles yes I missed you as well." I said with a light laugh as the other pets came and greeted me home as well.

I headed over to the bookshelf and pulled out a copy of Hogwarts a history that dad had given mum and started to read where I had left off about how mum and dad helped to stop the wizarding war.

"What are you reading sweetie?" Mum asked as she took a seat on the sofa next to me as she placed some orange juice down for me.

"Hogwarts a history mum." I replied with a smile. "Reading about how dad saved so many people during the war."

"He did." Mum said with a smile. "And he did it not only for me but so many other people as well."

"Mum I wanted to ask you something."

"And what's that sweetie?"

"When did you and dad know you wanted to adopt me?"

"Ah well I think that is something your father should be here for as well."

"Here for what?" We heard as we turned to see Dad walk through the door in a blue overcoat and suit.

"The day that we decided to adopt Sky."