The House of Gaunt and Memories Shared

Harry's Pov

This book belongs to the Half-Blood Prince.

I had been studying the book for a while now whoever this person was they must have been smarter than Snape or Slughorn. Thanks to them I had my own small vial of liquid luck. I knew that Hermione was upset that I had done better than her whilst not following the original instructions but she had Y/N and that always made her happy. The four of us sat in the common room with Ron looking through his chocolate frogs cards while Y/N and Hermione played with Sniffles, Bella and Crookshanks. As I continued to read my potions book I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Y/N's voice.

"Harry we have to go Dumbledore's waiting."

I looked down at my watch to realise he was right. We said goodbye to the others as we left to head towards Dumbledore's office. Dumbledore had said he wanted to see the both of us as he wanted to tell us about Riddle and how we could stop him. We reached the Gargoyle and I realised we never got the password.

"Acid Pops." Y/N said as the Gargoyle sprang to life.

"How did you know the password?" I asked him confused. "Did someone give you the password?"

"I've told you not to do that Y/N." A voice said from behind us as he smirked.

I turned around to see Newt and Tina standing behind us with a smirk on Newt's face and an annoyed one on Tina's.

"Sorry Grandma but how else were we going to get into Dumbledore's office." He replied with a chuckle.

The four of us climbed onto the staircase and knocked. We opened the door to see Dumbledore standing in front of us with his charred hand and the Pensieve. But I also noticed that there were two other items on his table. One being a ring with a black stone and the second being Tom Riddle's diary?

"Good evening Harry and Y/N I see you got my message." He said with a smile. "Please sit."

"Professor we will set up over here." Newt said as he started unpacking something from his case.

As Y/N and I sat down he looked at us with his eyes twinkling behind his glasses.

"So how are the both of you?" he asked us.

"Fine sir." We both replied.

"And what of your classes?" Dumbledore asked. "I hear that Professor Slughorn is very impressed with the both of you."

I looked at Y/N confused.

"What do you mean by that sir?" I asked Dumbledore as I was the only one who had brewed the potion correctly in class thanks to the half-blood prince.

"You are not the only one who brewed the potion correctly Harry." Y/N said as he produced a small vile with gold liquid in it. "I made some changes to my own potion."

"Sometimes I think you are too smart for you own good." I said to Y/N who just smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

"But by any event." Dumbledore said with a smile. "I am sure you are wondering as to why I have asked you to be here tonight. The answer lies here."

We watched as he opened a cabinet full of glass vials. There were dozens upon dozens of them and Dumbledore picked up one and showed it to us.

"What you see before you are memories." Dumbledore said as he walked back to the Pensieve. "All of these memories pertaining to one individual Voldemort. Or as he was known then.... Tom Riddle."

Dumbledore took out the cork stopper and poured the memory into the Pensieve.

"This vial contains a particular memory, the day I first met Tom. I would like you to see it. If you both would please..."