Christmas

Skylar's POV

I awoke on Christmas morning and smiled. It would be my first Christmas that I would fully enjoy as I got up I noticed that a stocking was at the end of my bed and smiled. I looked inside to see some sweets and cakes as well as other little things before I headed over to my wardrobe to take out the presents I had got Mum and Dad. It was not much but I hoped that they would like it all the same. I placed the present on my bed and went to shower and changed into my clothes and wore a Christmas Jumper that mum had knitted me. I made my way downstairs before a chirp was heard and Sniffles climbed onto my shoulder and rubbed his head against my cheek.

"Morning Sniffles." I said with a smile.

I reached the sitting room to see the fire going but Mum and Dad where not in the room so I sat on the sofa and waited maybe they were still asleep. Mum had been stressing over her S.P.E.W laws at work and would come home tired but she always made sure that I had everything and as for Dad he looked even more tired then mum, Dad would always come home and spend time with me but as I would head up to bed he would pull out files and start working again. When I asked him about it he said it was to make sure I was safe. Mum ensure me that Dad was okay he just wanted to make sure that he got the people that were hurting others. I felt a bit sad that Mum and Dad weren't waiting for me like they usually where but then I felt a set of hands cover my eyes.

"Happy Christmas sweetie." Mum's voice said as her hands lifted off my eyes and I turned to see Mum.

"Happy Christmas mum." I said. "Where's Dad?"

"He should be back any minute now." Mum responded with a smile.

The door opened and Dad walked in with a smile.

"Happy Christmas Sky sorry I had to go and drop off some gifts for the orphanage kids."

"That's okay Dad." I responded with a smile.

"Honey?" Mum asked Dad. "Did you let Newt and Tina know that we would be at the Weasley's?"

"Yes love." Dad replied. "They will meet us there."

"What about Grandma and Grandad?" I asked. "Aren't we going to see them?"

"Yes we will Sky." Dad said. "We are going to see them over lunchtime and the Weasley's as well as Harry and everyone else later at the Weasley's."

"It was nice of Mrs. Weasley to invite us." Mum said.

"Yeah it is." Dad said with a smile but before we head of to your Grandparents Sky let's have a bit of family time shall we?" Dad said with a smile.

We sat on the sofa as the other pets joined us and I looked under the tree to see gifts before Dad called out.

"Dobby?"

Dobby came into the room with a huge smile on his face.

"Sir?" He asked.

"Sit down Dobby and have some tea with us you are off duty today and as a part of this family we want you to celebrate Christmas with us." Dad said

Dobby looked like he might cry which I was confused by.

"Dobby is everything alright?" I asked.

"Dobby has know few people who have shown him kindness miss. Y/N L/N and Hermione L/N are some of the kindest to house elves miss. Dobby has never been asked to celebrate with a family miss."

"Why not?" I asked feeling a bit hurt that no one before mum or dad would let Dobby Celebrate with them.

"Dobby's previous employer miss was.... Was...." Dobby said with an unsure look on his face as he seemed conflicted.