The Patronus

Hermione's POV

I awoke the next morning with my arms wrapped around Y/N's body and smiled. I had thought back to our Hogsmeade trip again to when Y/N had defended me, no one had ever done anything like that for me before. I watched as Bella stirred and stretched.

"Morning Bella." I said with a smile as she nuzzled up to me and then went off to play with Crookshanks.

I watched as Y/N slowly started to wake up.

"Morning Y/N how did you sleep?" I asked.

"Morning Hermione I slept really well thank you." He said as he flashed me a smile.

"We should get to breakfast it's going to be another long day." I said.

We both got up from the sofa and hugged one another before we went to get changed ready for the day. We attended our classes as normal using our time turners to get to all of them. After Defence against the Dark Arts Harry was seen talking to Professor Lupin about something until his attention turned to Y/N.

"Ah Y/N I was wondering whether or not you would like to help Harry in his extra class with me after Christmas." Lupin said to him with a smile.

"Sure I don't mind Professor." Y/N replied.

Once we left the classroom Harry suggested we should go and see Hagrid as it had been a while since we visited him which Y/N and I agreed to but before that we had to go to the library to catch up on some schoolwork that we had almost finished. Later on that evening the four of us made our way down to Hagrid's hut it was very cold as winter had fully descended on the grounds and I was shivering.

"Mione here." Y/N said as he took off his overcoat.

"What about you won't you need it?" I asked.

"I will be alright." he said as he placed it over my shoulders.

"Thank you Y/N." I said as I pulled his coat closer round me blushing as I did.

We arrived at Hagrid's hut and Ron knocked on the door to no answer.

"He's not out is he?" I asked feeling warmer since Y/N had given me his coat.

Ron placed his ear to the door trying to listen for any sounds that where coming from inside the hut.

"There is a strange noise could be Fang." Ron said.

"Hagrid!" Harry shouted as he banged on the door "Hagrid it's us are you in there?"

We heard Footsteps coming from within the hut and the door opened to reveal Hagrid. He had been crying as his eyes were swollen.

"You've heard!" Hagrid bellowed as he threw himself forward on Harry and Ron. Y/N quickly helped Hagrid up so Ron and Harry did not have to support him as we lead him inside.

"Sorry Hagrid heard what?" Harry asked Hagrid pointed to the table where we saw a letter.

Y/N went to pick it up and read aloud.

"Dear Mr. Hagrid,

Further to our inquiry into the attack by a Hippogriff on a student in your class, we have accepted the assurances of Albus Dumbledore that you bear no responsibility for the regrettable incident.

"That's ok then Hagrid you got off." Ron said.

"Ron unfortunately there is more." Y/N said as he continued to read the rest of the letter.

"However, we must register our concern about the Hippogriff in question. We have decided to uphold the official complaint of Mr. Lucius Malfoy and this matter will therefore be taken to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures. The hearing date will be on April the 20th and we ask you to be present along with the Hippogriff in question at the Committee's office in London on that date. In the meantime we ask that the Hippogriff be tethered and isolated.