Into the Shack

Y/N's POV

The four of us made our way down to Hagrid's as the day had come. The day of Buckbeak's execution and we all agreed we did not want to leave Hagrid to deal with that alone.

"I can't believe they are going to execute Buckbeak." Hermione said as we walked over the bridge to the grounds. "It's just too terrible."

"It just got worse." Ron said pointing ahead of us I looked to where he was pointing to see three Slytherins watching the execution with smirks on their faces.

"What did I say?" Malfoy said with glee "Father says I can keep the Hippogriff's head, maybe I will donate it to the Gryffindor common room, this is going to be rich!"

As he finished talking my rage was building we walked towards them before he turned around.

"Ah you've come to see the show." He smirked.

I started to walk towards him, but I was beaten to it by the last person out of the four of us I expected Hermione.

She had pulled her wand from her pocket and yelled.

"You!, you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

She raised one hand behind her head as she had her wand pointed at Malfoy's neck, who had gone pale white and whimpered while Crabbe and Goyle just stood still as they were unsure what to do.

"Hermione no!" Ron said, "he's not worth it."

"Mione" I said taking her hand. "He is not worth it".

We turned away from Malfoy but what she did next made me fall in love with her even more if that was even possible. She turned around and punched Malfoy in the face. Malfoy staggered back and fell over. He looked shocked at what Hermione just did.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Crabbe said as he helped him up "Let's go, quickly."

"Not a word of this to anyone!" Malfoy yelled.

We watched as the three of them ran away with Malfoy saying something about his father hearing about this.

"Oh yeah? tell your dad Malfoy and he and I shall be having a conversation that involves a wall and his head!" I yelled.

Hermione looked at all of us with a smile on her face.

"That felt good."

"Hermione that was brilliant" Harry and Ron said.

"It really was brilliant belle." I said causing a blush from Hermione.

We continued down to Hagrid's hut and knocked he opened it to see us and ushered us in.

Hermione's POV

"Look at him." Hagrid said as we all looked at Buckbeak. "Loves the smell of trees when the wind blows through them."

"Why don't we set him free Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"As much as I wish we could we cant Fudge will know it was us." Y/N said sadly "And Dumbledore would get into trouble".

"He's coming down, Dumbledore." Hagrid sobbed "Says he wants to be with me when they......when it happens. Great man Dumbledore, great man."

"we'll stay with you too, Hagrid." I said.

"You'll do not such thing!" Hagrid bellowed "Think I want you seeing something like that? No, you just drink your tea and be off."

"Oh and before yeh go Ron." Hagrid said as he opened up a jar on his table.