A Return to where it all began

Hermione's POV

The next morning I awoke and turned over to see Y/N's side of the bed empty. I slowly sat up and looked to see Harry and Delilah still asleep. I quietly got out of bed and made my way out of the tent to see Y/N holding Sniffles as Sniffles seemed to be showing him something.

"Darling?" I asked.

Y/N turned to look at me as Sniffles stuffed something back into his pouch.

"Morning love." He replied with a smile as he stood up and kissed me.

"What was Sniffles showing you?" I asked as I picked Sniffles up out of his hands and kissed his head getting him to chirp.

"Just something he found." Y/N replied as he smiled at Sniffles.

"Can you show mummy what you found Sniffles?" I asked him.

Sniffles looked at Y/N before scurrying over to him and hid himself behind him.

"Has he found something he is not supposed to have?" I asked. "Is that why he does not want me to see it because I might take it from him?"

"No love it's fine." Y/N said as he picked up one of Grindelwald's journals.

I sat next to him with my head on his shoulder as we read through the journal. Every page that Grindelwald wrote his entries in ended the same way with "For the Greater Good," but on the pages there was also a symbol of a triangle, circle and a line splitting them down the middle.

"What do you suppose the greater good means?" Y/N asked as I shrugged not taking my head off his shoulder.

"That symbol though that is in 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard.' I've seen it."

"Hmm maybe....." Y/N began to say before Harry ran out of the tent and headed towards us slightly out of breath.

"You were right Hermione." Harry said. "It's like you and Y/N said. Snitches have flesh memories. But I didn't catch my first Snitch I almost swallowed it."

"Well morning to you as well." Y/N said as I giggled.

Harry handed me the Snitch as I looked at it we could both make out the words 'I open at the close'

"I open at the close." I whispered

"What do you reckon it means?" Harry asked.

"We don't know." I replied. "But Y/N and I may have found something. Let's get back inside the tent."

As we entered the tent Delilah handed us a cup of tea each as we cleared the table and Y/N set down his journal as I did the same for Beetle the Bards book. We both opened the books and showed Harry and Delilah the same symbol.

"At first I thought it was a picture of an eye, but after seeing it in Grindelwald's journals, I don't think it is. I think it may be a rune and it's not in Spellman's Syllabary either. And someone drew it in its not part of the book as you can see from the ink."

"Wait Luna's dad was wearing that." Harry said. "At Bill and Fleurs wedding."

"What do you mean wearing it?" Delilah asked.

"Around his neck." Harry said. "Like an amulet. I didn't think much of it at the time. You know Luna—she's always got one mad thing or another she's carrying around."

"But why would the symbol be drawn in two different books?" I asked as I started to think on it.

Harry looked at us both before he started to talk.