Platform 9 ¾

Y/N's POV

I awoke with a start as today was September 1st, the day I would be starting at Hogwarts. Over the last few months I had read every book I had bought in Diagon Alley multiple times, my favourite being Hogwarts a history. I saw Bella curled up at the bottom of my bed and gave her a quick scratch behind her ears, to which she purred and woke up herself. I made my way downstairs to see Claire rushing around getting the other children ready for school.

"Morning Claire anything I can do to help?" I asked.

"Morning Y/N do you mind just getting the lunches out of the fridge for them?" she asked.

"Sure no problem." I replied as I took out the other kids lunches and handed them to each of them.

One of the other children looked at me with curiosity as I was not in my school uniform. She had long blond hair and grey eyes. Her name was Amanda and she always needed to know what was going on. I had a couple of close calls when I was reading my new schoolbooks. She had started to ask me about the strange drawings and descriptions in the books before Claire had intervened and led her away much to my relief.

"How come Y/N's not coming with us?" Amanda asked.

"Y/N is attending a new school this year and won't be back till next summer." Claire said.

"Why?" Amanda asked.

"Because I wanted to attend this new school Amanda" I said slightly annoyed.

"Enough questions let's get you kids to school." Claire said.

As she led them out and down the road towards the school, I headed back upstairs to get Bella into her cage and get my trunk down the stairs. I reached the bottom of the stairs just as Claire had arrived back from taking the other kids to school.

"Y/N taxi will be here in 10 minutes to take you to the station, have you got everything?" Claire asked me.

"Yes, I have everything ready." I said.

As the taxi pulled up outside the orphanage, I took my trunk and placed it in the boot of the car while I put Bella's cage with me in the back seat. As I was preparing to get in, I felt a hand on my shoulder I turned to see Claire with a smile on her face.

"Y/N have a great year, hopefully you can meet some friends while you are there." she said.

"I can try Claire no promises though." I said with a laugh.

"And watch that temper of yours I know what your like when you get angry." Claire said sternly.

"Well as long as no one gets on my nerves I will be fine." I said.

I got into the taxi and looked back to see Claire wave as we drove down the drive and away from the orphanage. It did not take long to reach kings cross as I arrived, I paid the man and took my trunk out and placed it on a trolley as I grabbed Bella's cage and placed her on top of my trunk. I made my way down to the platforms keeping my eyes peeled for platform 9 ¾ but I could not find it. I continued to look around worried I had got something wrong when I heard someone call out.

"Packed with Muggles of course." she said.

Muggles I thought to myself, as I approached her, I saw her with 6 other children, 5 of them had red hair while another wore glasses that looked damaged and had jet black hair and green eyes.

"Excuse me?" I said as I approached them.

"I heard you say Muggles?" I said.

"Did I? don't remember saying anything like that." she said rather quickly.