Just Like This

Cassie's POV

"Cameron, I don't think you understand. I need you to make sure everything for Brielle's party is perfect. The list is easy kid."

"I told you already, it's fine. I've gone over it twenty times. I'm tired, leave me alone now," He said and hung up on me. I groaned and got up to pack my bag for this weekend. It was Brielle's first birthday and a lot of Christian's family was going down to Milwaukee to celebrate.

My parents gave up on the whole situation of trying to see my kids. They didn't offer the kids anything for Christmas, they didn't want to celebrate the twins' birthdays, and nor did they want to celebrate mine either. So Christian and I assumed, they wouldn't make it out for Brielle's either. I was flying out to Milwaukee tomorrow morning and then on Sunday we would have her party.

Christian's POV

"Hey beautiful," I said as Cassie walked in through the garage door. She looked around and her eyes went wide. "What?" I asked and grabbed her bag from her.

The boys were sitting on the couch together playing on the iPad, and getting along. "I'm just happy to see them like this. But hello handsome man. Can I get a front row seat to see your ass at the game tonight?" I laughed and leaned down to kiss her but she held my face and waited for my answer.

"I can look at tickets that are left, I can't promise they'll be front row." She shrugged and then let me kiss her. My mom came downstairs and cleared her throat. Cassie got embarrassed and she went to the closest bathroom. I laughed because even after all these years of us being together, she was embarrassed.

When she came out, I looked at her eyes and they were red and teary. I pulled her into my chest and looked at her. "C, are you good?" She nodded and then grabbed her bag. "I have to head out in a few minutes. You want to take me?" She nodded once again and then went upstairs.

Cassie's POV

"I'm so glad you have Brielle's birthday off," I told Christian as we woke up and laid in bed together.

"I can't believe our little girl is already a year old. Your body really decided to give birth early, and I couldn't even finish what I started that night." I laughed and then cuddled up closer to him. I started kissing his neck a little and I went to bite it, but he stopped me.

Fucking baseball season. He got up and started walking to the bathroom and I got up and started feeling lightheaded. Christian gave me a look and then I smiled at him to reassure him that I was alright. "I'm going to run to the store real quick babe. You want or need anything?"

"Grab me a cup of coffee on the way back?" I nodded. "Take the car." Finally, not having to drive the Tahoe. When I got the stuff I needed, I went and grabbed Christian's coffee and headed home. As I went up to our room, he had just got out of the shower, so I handed it to him.

I went and did my own thing while Christian got ready. When he came downstairs, Brielle started screaming and he raised his eyebrows. "Brielle!" He said and raised his voice. Every so often she would scream or try to take one of the boys' toys from them so then she would cry. "So you know, we said we would revisit the topic when she turned one. And today is the day. I say I'm fine with the three we have. I'm happy just like this." I nodded slowly and watched him walk to the living room and pick Brielle up.

I walked out to the backyard and went to the guest house. Cam and the boys were there, and Alecia was in her room. "Can you guys leave? I need to talk to her."

She came out of her room when the boys had left. I burst into tears and she came and hugged me. "Cassie what's wrong?" She asked and started rubbing my back.