That's Not Fair

Cassie's POV

Christian was in Arizona for the football game tonight, and he went with Collin and some of his friends. Cam was going to meet them down in Florida tomorrow, so that really left me by myself with the kids. Although Alecia did invite us over, and volunteered to stay with us. I wanted to hang out with her, so the kids and I were going over for dinner tonight. And to stay the night because I didn't like staying home by myself. So her and Christian set up his old room for us to stay in.

I was holding the baby, when he spit up on me. I groaned and got up. I took him to my room and set him in his bassinet, while I showered. It didn't last for more than ten minutes because the baby was crying and then babbling. He went back and fourth for a few minutes, while I dried off. "Hey baby, what's wrong?" I asked him and he babbled and reached his arms out. "You miss your daddy huh?" I picked him up and he instantly wanted my boob. "Okay give me a second." I moved my towel down and he latched on quickly. I held him and went to grab my phone which was ringing.

I made it to the nightstand and it was Christian. "Babe I miss you."

"Christian it's been a day."

"I know but I still want to see you." We sat there in silence. "So? You want to come fly down here for the game?"

"Babe. The game is in like five hours."

"I know. That's plenty of time." I sat and looked at the phone for a few seconds.

"Babe, I have all the kids with me."

"Mom said she'll take care of them. I'm looking at a plane ticket for you right now. Just say the word and it's bought."

"Respectfully Christian, I'm gonna have to decline." He groaned. "Babe, it's only been a day."

"I know but still. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"It's not fair to your mom or the kids babe. This should've been something you did sooner if anything."

"Okay then, I love you and I'll talk to you later."

"Babe I'm sorry. It's just hard for your mom dealing with our kids all the time. I promise I miss you too. But I love you as well, and I'll talk to you later." We finished saying our goodbyes and I hung up. The baby was falling asleep so I took him off and he fell asleep in his bassinet.

Christian didn't even know yet, but I planned to get the baby off of breastfeeding this week as well. I knew that would cheer him up if it were successful. I curled my hair so if Christian FaceTimed me later, he would be a little flustered.

"Mommy," Mason said coming into the room. I looked down at him and he showed me his iPad. Christian was texting him, trying to get me to go. I shook my head and he put it to his chest.

"Don't respond to him anymore babe. Tell Bri, and Noey to come lay on the bed, so I can talk to you guys in a minute." He left the room and I grabbed my phone. I FaceTimed Christian and he answered after the first ring.

"Hey ba-" He groaned. "That's not fair."

"Christian stop texting our son about me going. I can't babe. We can take some trip together in a few weeks whenever we are free. Take some time to yourself, with the guys and you know you're going to have fun."

"I know but I thought since you bought a few other tickets, I thought you were going to take one for yourself. So I prepared myself and found out from my mom that you weren't going."

"I'm pretty sure I told you I wasn't going babe. You need time away from the kids, and time away from me. This is something fun to do babe. Saturday morning you'll be home. It's not that bad I promise."