Chapter 4

Christian P.O.V

I heard a knock on my door and I turned around and saw a girl standing in the door opening. She had blonde hair to halfway her back that she had in two inverted braids. She had big green eyes and the biggest smile ever on her face. "Hey. I'm Erica Drinsa. I'm your 'across the hallway' neighbour!" She said excited and I looked at her with a small smile and I nodded.

"Christian." I replied and she squinted looking at me.

"Where are you from? You have an accent." She started as she walked in, uninvited, and I stared at her with a frown for a second as she sat down on my bed.

"Barbados. You?"

"Queens." She replied as she looked around before looking at my bed. "Your bed is longer. But then again you do need it. I love what you did with the place. Both of your neighbours weren't so welcoming though. They're a bit weird, they also have the same accents. Do you know them?"

I stared at her in disbelief but she kept showing me that big smile of hers and somehow I couldn't even be annoyed at her with that smile.

"Uhm, we were in the same plane yeah." I responded carefully looking at her. "Come in by the way."

"O yeah, thank you." She said looking around and she squinted as if she was missing something before looking back at me. "You an orphan too?"

"What?" I said staring at her with a huge smile on her face.

"I see no family pictures." She explained. "I'm an orphan. Brought up in the system." She explained.

"O no, I have parents." I said as I leaned against the table. "Why were you in the system? Did nobody want to adopt you or?" I asked carefully and she looked at me shocked before laughing and she nodded.

"This country is different than Barbados, Christian. Apparently a gay orphan isn't what families want here." She explained carefully and I looked at her with a frown. What was wrong with being gay? "Being Gay is a sin according to god." She explained "Even though we currently live in 2070, it's still a sin. So, no, nobody wanted to adopt me. But it's fine, it's a great sob story and I got a full ride. What about you? Do you have rich parents or?"

"Rich parents." I confirmed, sitting down on my chair here and she nodded looking at me. "Which course are you doing?" I asked as I bit my lip looking at her and she stared at me.

"You're going to break hearts, you do know that right Christian?" She said casually. "Can I call you Chris, Christian is such a mouthful." She said as she looked at my empty dorm. "We're going to have to do something about this."

"What?" I said totally shocked. "Do you usually go into other peoples' rooms and criticise it or?" I said and she giggled looking at me. "And why would I break hearts?"

"You're hot." She said casually. "Don't worry about me falling in love with you though, I'm gay remember." She reassured me. "And not really, but you seemed lost in your room and I felt like I had to help you. Do you want to get breakfast? I'm starving?"

"Uhm." I said totally confused.

"O and I'm doing medicine. You?"

"Same." I said. "And sure, let's get something to eat." I said as I grabbed my jacket.

"I'm sure you eat loads, how old are you? 18?"

"17. Skipped second grade." I explained and she nodded slowly at that. "You?"

"Same, but third." She said and I laughed at that and nodded. "I think we're going to be great friends Christian." She said as we walked out of my room and I let out a small breath as I walked out of the hallway and I saw my security guards looking at me and their eyes widening. "They're afraid of you." She stage whispered and I laughed very loudly at that and I shook my head.