Chapter 106

Ana P.O.V

That it was raining, was an understatement. It was pouring down like buckets. I had never ever experienced rainfall like this before. Well, I might've but I didn't have to go outside to go somewhere when I was in the castle. When I wasn't in Locatlie, I always travelled to nice weather places. But right now, I was on a road going up a hill, with water gushing down and the car had just given up. I had kicked the wheels of the car multiple times, hoping that it would help, but obviously it didn't. So I decided to leave my car behind and I continued to walk up the pathway. It was only about a mile or two before I would reach Aunt Wendy's place.

It had been three months since I had come to Locatlie. It was currently April and I had sort of settled down and I decided I wanted to go to Aunt Wendy for the first time since I'd been here.

Travis and I stayed in Brusta for a month before moving into our new house. After moving in, we reorganised the place a bit more towards our own taste and we explored Yordan. Travis absolutely loved the lifestyle here, he was immensely intrigued by the buildings, but also by the people. He would often ask people if they were happy, which was weird and embarrassing, but I could understand that. All the Locatlie people stated that they were happy. The first time he went out for groceries, he came back after five minutes stating he forgot his wallet, before realising he didn't need it. It was quite hilarious in my opinion.

Whenever I went out, people did do a double take, but that was totally fine. I mean I did really look like father with a wig, and I'm sure that the two inverted braids, putting the hair behind my face, made it worse. I loved having inverted braids in, as it meant that my hair wouldn't get in my face. Right now, it helped as well.

My whole clothing was wet, the water reaching just above my ankles right now. It was exhausting, but mostly stupid that I was even going tonight.

For the whole day I had been angsty, as I wanted to do something. Travis was exploring everything and going to every store to just see what they had, every day all day. He loved it, and I enjoyed seeing him happy. I on the other end, was fearing going to my Aunt Wendy, but I couldn't wait any longer. I had to rip the band-aid off.

She lived in a city at the top of a mountain with the tea plantations. I had taken a two day trip already, as I had to stay at hotels. Travis wanted me to text him whenever I was. This afternoon it had started to rain, and I decided to stay in the hotel, but after a couple of hours, I decided to go anyway. The hotel adviced me against it, but I couldn't help it anymore.

I was in the city on the top right now and I walked through, holding onto the sort of 'gates' that were at the side of the road here. The houses all had their lights on, but I didn't mind that. The water here was currently to just under my knees. It was worse here. But I would survive it. I arrived at the security checkpoint that was here for the houses of the people working higher up at the tea plantations. I grabbed my bag that was water proof and the person was staring at me in shock. But then again, I had put my inverted braids up and put a beanie on, so I looked exactly like my father now. But with broader lips probably.

"I'm here to visit Princess Wendy of Locatlie." I stammered, and the person blinked for second, realising that I had a female voice.

"Does she know you are visiting? You came here a month-" He started and I gave him a small smile. A month ago I had gotten the nerves to go as well, but she had been on a holiday.

"She doesn't know this time. Is she home?" I demanded and he nodded looking at me as he put a stamp in my travel log of sorts and I then continued to walk and after a while I arrived at Aunt Wendy's house. The lights of the house next to it, not being on. I remember Isla telling me she lived there, but I'm sure she wasn't here.