Chapter 56

Dear Ruby,

I gave this package to Dave to give to you. I know that the Process might be a fucked up thing to grasp and you feel like a lot of things are coming to you at once. Add in how I assume that the family will be when you walk into any room at all times. The only advice I am legally allowed to give you without getting myself into much trouble (although, I'm king, so what can they do to me? Lock me up and let me be tortured by my son, ha.) is to give them hell. Let them know who you are. It is not your fault that my brothers heart fell for two women, they just have to get their heads out of their asses.

Good luck Ruby, you can do this. Even though you're not part of the official family, you are a daughter of King Hugo of Locatlie.

King Trevor.

I looked at that note several times and my eyes widened. I looked at the date above that and my eyes widened as this was weeks before he had died. I then saw another note with a phone attached to it. "Call this number if you need help. Only call her on this phone. Good luck x'. I looked at that for a couple of seconds and my eyes widened as I looked back at the note that I got from King fucking Trevor. This was fucking insane. This was- wow.

I grabbed the phone though as I was very curious as to whom I would get on the other line. I dialled the number and I put the phone to my ear and I bit my lip in nerves.

"Yes?" A female voice stated in a casual manner and I frowned for a second, not recognising the voice.

"Whom am I speaking with?" I said carefully as I stared out the window.

"Isn't that something you should know, you are calling me." The voice replied and I recognised the voice from somewhere and I looked sideways for a second.

"I got this phone and phone number from I think a mutual friend and they said that I should call you if I ever needed advice about how to deal with the family?" I said confused. "I'm Ruby?" I added, to let the person whom I was; maybe that person would open up to me then. It was quiet on the other line for a while. "Hello? Are you still there?"

"It's happening then?" The voice on the other line said and that confused me a bit. "Give me a minute, I'm going somewhere more private." She added and I frowned as after a while I heard her breathing again. "The Process is happening then?"

"Who am I speaking to?" I repeated before answering it.

"Ana." The voice- No Ana, my half sister said. My eyes widened in total shock. "Ana Locatlie- well not anymore, Ana Johnson."

"Ana?" I said. "Why would he give me your number?"

"Whom gave you my number?" She then said and I took a deep breath as I grabbed the note.

"I got a package from Dave, he's the head of security or something?" I said looking at the note. "In the package there was a note from your father, King Trevor, whom died about a year and a half ago, stating that you could help me or something?" I said and it was quiet on the other line for a bit before she took a deep breath.

"I can help you." She confirmed. "But I can't always talk freely." She added and I turned my head sideways for a second. "Right now I can though. Is everything going ok? How far are you into the process?"

"I just got my candidate. We're having a meeting tonight to talk about how the first uhm." I said with a frown. "How the first meeting with the girl will go or something? I have no idea what is happening half of the time, and any time I even think about asking a question, I decide against it because the family isn't exactly welcoming to me. Then when I walk up to them, to ask them something, they- let's just say, the Queen doesn't like me very much and dad and King William are up her butt." I said and she was quiet for a bit. "Dad broke up with my mum after King Trevor's death by the way, so he's totally on her side again." I said and that's when I heard some crying from the other side. "Fuck, I'm sorry. I'm babbling so much. I'm so sorry."