Chapter 53

Christian P.O.V

"Chris?" It was something I hadn't heard in about a year now. From the moment that I had gotten the crown on my head a year ago, it had always been King Christian or Christian itself. The only person that still called me Chris, was my mother and my twin sister. I looked up, curious which of the two it was, and I saw that it was my twin sister.

She was standing by the door opening of the tortureroom I was currently in, keeping her distance. Something which I understood and something which I was very happy with. I didn't like people being in my aura whenever I was here.

I didn't spend as much time as I wanted in the torture chambers of Gotar, I only really went here if I had an hour or two left in my immensely busy schedule for the past year. It had taken about a month of being king before I actually stepped into these rooms. Not because I didn't have the time, but because I wanted to be sure that I was ready; that I wasn't going to lose my mind like the last time that I had been here. I tried not to think about that time too much though.

But, today I was here as I wasn't allowed to be in Gotar itself for the upcoming four weeks because my aunts, cousins, sisters and their daughters above the age of sixteen would come together here with my fathers and mother to start the selection ceremony of the Process. The Process itself would start in a month; exactly two months after my birthday, which was just exhausting thinking about it.

I looked down at my victim and it was one of my ten, something that always made me excited. I was currently flaying his arm; I always started on the chest and back as that hurt the most. I put my hand to the right and I turned off the music, which meant that I gave Carrie permission to come closer to me; we had discussed this. Well no, Carrie told me that we could use this technique. Her and mum were the only two that were allowed to come into this room when I was here.

"How are you?" Carrie asked me as she pointed to the chair on the other side. "I won't actually do anything to him, I swear." She added and I looked up at her and a small smile appeared on my face as I gave her a curt nod. A month after the coronation she had started to speak again, much to my relief. "I'm nervous about tomorrow. Is that weird? I mean, I'm already going to be in the second highest realm of Seglusa, so it isn't a big deal for me as much, but I'm still nervous you know? I mean I want to pick the right girl, but I mainly want you to be happy." She started and I looked down and I took the small knife that was here and started cutting more of the skin; the man had a gag in his mouth as I was totally not bothered with hearing about his complaints. I had heard all of them already.

The prize for the women in our family for choosing the future queen was that she and her direct family would be granted access to the highest realm of Seglusa every now and then; not a full submission, as that was only allowed for the Queens and Kings. I heard Carrie talking on and on about her plan and she asked me for advice, but like I did for the past two years, I didn't answer with my voice and as my hands were currently preoccupied, I couldn't help her with this. She didn't mind though, she just kept talking and talking and talking. It was nice to hear her voice though, because her voice was slightly calming for me.

"Rose is really excited too." Carrie stated as I looked up at her with a small smile before looking down at the elbow; the most painful part of the flaying of the arm; apart from the wrist, but the hands were for another day. I looked at the heart monitor and it was only a 50; good. "She asked me to ask you if you preferred blondes over brunettes? She has the first choice, lucky bitch." Carrie said and I couldn't help but giggle at that a bit and I shook my head. "You don't prefer?" I shrugged; as I didn't really mind that much. "You don't have a preference." She said and I gave a confirming nod. "Freya and Isla are excited too. Although Isla is mainly excited to come back to Gotar for the first time in a year." I smiled even wider at that; I knew that Isla loved Gotar as much as I did; not the jail, but the city. "I'm fourth choice. I think that's good odds. Apparently though, rumour has it." She said with her eyes wide and I looked up at her, Seglusa she could get excited about small things, so I was curious to see why she was so lit up at the moment. "We have one girl too much for our female family members, so Ruby is going to be part of the Process too." She said and I frowned at that for a second before looking down. "She's seventeen so she might be younger than her choice, but she has the last choice, last pick, so it's not like her pick can actually be the Queen." She said and I giggled a bit at that and nodded. "Rose was not happy with that, but mum told her to fuck off." I held out my hand for a second. "What do you need?" She asked and I pointed to the salt and she grabbed a hand and put it on my hand and I gave her a thanking nod as I then put it on the wound, the man shooting up in pain. I then showed the biggest smile ever as I looked at Carrie whom looked at me with a huge smile too. I then pointed to the mans hand closest to her and she looked at it before looking back at me. "What?" She said and I then placed the knife in the skin, the man screaming, as I now had both of my hands free. I made a breaking motion and I pointed towards her and her eyes went wide. "I can break his fingers?" She said and I nodded looking at her. "Are you sure?" I nodded again and she then cheered as she started to break the fingers while I flayed his arm; the man screaming in pain. I giggled at that a bit.

"How are you going to do that on the dates Chris?" She asked carefully and I looked up at her with a frown. "You don't talk." She clarified and I suddenly understood what she meant and I nodded slowly as I looked sideways for a second and I shrugged and she shrugged too.

"There isn't really something I can do about it." I signed with one hand and Carrie looked at that and then at me and nodded.

"Is it physical or mental or brainal?" She asked and I giggled at that as I took a sip of my water.

"I think mental." I signed carefully. "Don't see the point of using my voice, when" I added shaking my head, trying to get the memories that were flooding into my brain of Erica out of me.

"Ok." She said carefully and she let out a small breath. "Ana's getting big." She then said carefully and I looked up at her for a second and then back down and I nodded slowly. When Papa died and we became kings, Ana got a sort of 'commentary' gig at the BBC, which she did from a house on an island that she bought, in which she explained Local traditions and stuff like that. After that she got asked to do a history sort of show in which she explained Locatlie traditions and past Locatlie international events. She did an amazing job at it and she really loved it. She also brought out some more music. "She would've loved the Process." Carrie said and I let out a sigh as I looked up at her and she nodded. "Sorry. Sorry. I know." She said; ever since I became King and had to watch her moves for the past year, I didn't like my siblings talking about her; because even though I couldn't actually talk to spill anything about what she was doing, I didn't have a pokerface.

"Mom is delighted by the way." She said and I giggled looking at her and I nodded at that.

"I know. She video called me last week and demanded to know what my type was and stuff like that."

"So she does know, but I don't?" Carrie spat back and I nodded at that. "She's really excited about it though, but misses Papa a lot during these times." She said "She's also nervous about coming to Gotar for the first time since his death." She said in a softer voice and I let out a small breath and I nodded at that.

Ever since Papa died over a year ago, mum hadn't come to Gotar anymore. It was too painful for her, something I completely understood on her part. She was slowly getting better though, she had some moments where she felt really upset but luckily dad and father helped with that.

Father and her growing back together was something that surprised all my siblings, and as I thought about it; Carrie started to talk about it. "It's still weird to see father and mum together and happy though. Rose remembers some of it from when she was younger, of the two of them being together and at peace and stuff; but we obviously don't. They're really happy Chris, it's scary." She said and I looked up at her with a small smile. "No I'm serious. They're both way more at peace or something, it's weird to explain. The way mum looks at father though, she can't look into his eyes without smiling and she gravitates towards him like a moth to a flame. It's really weird." She said shaking her head. "But I'm happy for them."

"I am too." I signed back and I let out a small break as the man had gotten ninety. "What time is it?" I signed.

"Time for you to go." Carrie said looking down at her arm and I looked at her watch for a second and saw that it was indeed time for me to go. "You go clean up, I'll clean up here."

"Good luck picking out my maybe future wife." I signed as I pressed a kiss onto her forehead and she giggled as I walked away.

In half a year, I would be getting married to the future Queen of this country, and that idea alone was so fucked up.

A.N

It has been a year since they became kings and the Process is going to start omgggg

Who is excited?