Chapter 47

Luther P.O.V

Mums scream filled the room and it shook us all to the core. Rose gave a curt nod as she left and closed the door behind her. Dad right away walked up to mum, ignoring his own pain clearly shown on his face, and he grabbed mom, whom held onto his shirt and screamed it out. I looked at Father whom looked at mom and his chest was going up and down, he looked lost. He looked so fucking lost, as if he didn't know what to do. He was getting close to hyperventilating and I stood up before he could, grabbed a puke bag that was next to a lifeless Carrie, and handed it towards father whom grabbed it and blew in it.

I looked at Daniel whom was observing Christian whom was staring ahead trying to process it with a frown on his face. He felt me looking at him and his eyes met mine and I saw the panic, the pain, the surreality of this situation all in one in his eyes. Because we both knew that if one of the kings died, and the youngest Prince was 18 years or elder, that the three of them would become Kings, no exceptions made. We had a conversation without words through our eyes. We both knew that mum, dad and father would be in no state the upcoming hours or even days, to step up which was needed. They would be too busy trying to make sure mom survived the night, that they couldn't be the kings we needed right now. And I, as upcoming Leader King, had to step up now. I gave him a curt nod as I took a deep breath.

"Whom hasn't it settled in yet, and can help?" I said and Freya and Isla both looked up at me with a confused look. "I need one of you to tell Natalie. She's downstairs." I said and her eyes widened. "I want you to tell Natalie, but tell Yordi first. He's downstairs as well. Make sure that he knows before Natalie, so he can catch her when need be. They were as close as-." I said shaking my head. "We need to inform Grandpapa and the rest of his sisters. We need to have them all come to Gotar, as they can help us with the arrangements and the next steps."

"Luther, your papa just died. Can you maybe for one second not?" Freya said carefully and I looked back at her.

"Papa is dead and I will mourn him." I confirmed looking at her. "But right now dad and father will be too busy with their own pain of losing a sibling and mum with." I said not being able to finish it; her screaming had stopped, but she was still uncontrollably sobbing. "And because of papa's death, Daniel, Christian and I will be Kings before summer starts." I added and her eyes widened as Carrie and Christian both looked up at me now. "We can't depend on Papa's biological children right now. Carrie can't speak, Christian can't either. Rose has suffered enough in the past hours. We, as dads and fathers children, need to step up now. We will be able to mourn him tomorrow, but right now I need the three of you. Can I count on the three of you?"

"Yes." Daniel said and I looked sideways and dad was staring at me in awe.

"Yes." Isla said. "I'll go tell Yordi and Natalie." She said carefully. "And I'll call Auntie Sally."

"Good." I confirmed looking at her. "Freya." I said and she nodded. "I need you to go to our house and tell the maids to get ready for loads of visitors."

"Ok." She said and she stood up and walked away with Isla and I looked at Daniel.

"What do you need me to do?" He asked carefully and I stared at him and then at dad, father and mum. Father was standing by the window, just like before, but his breathing was slightly more steady. Dad was still holding onto mom whom obviously couldn't handle this and I looked at father.

"Father." I said and father looked away. "Can Daniel call the mayors to inform them? Do we need to sound the bells?"

"Yes. We do." Father said, after clearing his throat. "Sound the bells. Tomorrow your dad will make a statement." He said in a soft heartbroken voice. "And the funeral and coronation process will go through." When he said the word Process, I couldn't help but panic, and he saw that right away. "We will discuss when the Process takes place. Your Papa was in charge of that, maybe my papa can help along with Natalie. But that isn't going to happen this year." He said and I nodded slowly looking at him.

"I think she needs you." I signed to father looking at mum and father looked at her and then back at me and I gave him an encouraging nod. He then walked up to mom carefully, putting his hands on her shoulders and sitting behind her. She didn't respond negatively to it, but she did burst out into sobs, audible sobs this time.

I looked at Carrie and Chris whom were both staring ahead in pain and I looked at Daniel. "Daniel, can you contact the mayors?" I said and Daniel nodded looking at me. "Inform them that King Trevor has passed away tonight. That they are expected in Prangie for the upcoming week. I will make a call for the bells."

"And don't forget to contact Priestess Polly." He added and I nodded as I then grabbed my phone and I looked at my three parents and my two siblings in the room and decided to leave the five of them alone. I walked into the hallway and Ic called up Priestess Polly, whom picked up almost right away.

"Luther, my prince. What can I help you with?" She said and I looked sideways.

"King Trevor he hum,." I said as I felt an emotion in my voice I didn't know I had; get your shit together Luther. You're the future Leader King of this country, don't be a fucking idiot. "King Trevor passed away half an hour ago. I, as his eldest son and the future Leader King of this country, inform you, the high priestess of Seglusa, of his death, hoping you and the whole of Brusta will pray for him tonight." She was quiet on the other line for a bit and I stared ahead. It was silent for a full thirty seconds before I heard her again. But then again, she had been the Head Priestess for as long as my fathers had been kings. She had been with them through it all. I also knew that she had a close bond with Papa- Had a close bond with papa.

"He will be in our prayers tonight. I will travel to the Keep and the quarters of the Keep tomorrow at first light." She said and I nodded at that.

"Can you come to Gotar actually?" I said looking sideways through the window at mum. "Mum- I mean the Goddess of Seglusa-" I started but I didn't know what to say.

"O-" she said with sadness. "Of course. I will leave right away. Thank you for calling me Luther. I'm very proud of you, Seglusa has blessed this country not only with an amazing Leader King, but also your family with a kind and loving young man."

"Thank you Polly." I said and I took a deep breath. "I've got to call the bells."

"You do that, my boy." She said and she hung up and I looked at my mom again and she was currently on the floor, her head on her arms and she was screaming it out, as dad was now sitting next to her, rubbing her back, and father, was massaging her head.

But we all knew none of this would work. The only one whom could help her, was laying a couple of doors down, dead.

A.N.

.......