Chapter 77

I looked at the votes before me and I realised what this meant. My boys, my baby boys, all wanted to be with Olivia. My husbands and I all thought thought Jasmine would be the better fit. She was the better fit in my opinion. She was more charismatic, she would be a good queen for our country, but most importantly she would be an amazing mother to my grandchildren. Her genes, her pit, her charisma, would be given to the future Kings of Locatlie. She was great.

But, my sons wanted to be with Olivia. The soft-spoken, slightly weird looking Olivia. The girl whom was afraid of us, more interested in the Sea than getting to know the three of us. The girl whom wanted to work on herself before giving our great country more children. Something in the back of my mind told me that I remembered this case, but I wasn't sure about it anymore. My sons wanted to be with a girl whom would be a great mother, but I didn't know if her qualities would be the best for our future Kings. They would be too soft, they would be too quiet. I then thought about the fact that she had gone through severe trauma, which meant that she was maybe quieter and shier because of that. But wouldn't my sons, especially Christian, waltz right over her? Could she stick up for herself in the same way that I did to my husbands? Would she be able to calm them whenever they were being too much like themselves? Would she be able to bring a laugh on Luthers face the same way that I did to William? Would she be able to help Luther with the pressure of being the Leader King, when she herself was struggling with her own identity? Would she be able to calm down Daniel and his thoughts, when she herself had to work on herself? Would she be able to help him with international policies and strengthening the connections, in the same way I had helped Hugo? Would she be able to get Christian out of his wall that he put up, when she herself had a large and complicated traumatised wall? Would she be able to deal with him coming home with blood all over, the same way I had helped Trevor?

I then thought about the fact that I myself had struggled with myself as a person. I didn't know whom I was, I didn't strengthen Hugo and the connections because I was so great, no because of everything that had happened to me. I didn't deal with Trevor and the way he came home full of blood in the 'right' way, as I was as fucked up as him. I couldn't help that, and Olivia couldn't help that she wasn't a psycho like me. My sons though, my sons believed that she was perfect for them. They saw something in her that I couldn't quite see. I mean if Luther, whom was more anal about rules and about this country than his father, saw her as the future potential queen, whom was I to say that she couldn't be? If Daniel, the crazy mini me, whom loved everything apart from behaving up until Christians attack, thought that she was perfect for him, whom was I to say that she wasn't? If Christian opened his heart to her, let her in, and thought she was perfect, whom was I to say she couldn't be there for him?

I would have to put my pride and my thoughts aside, and vote for Olivia. It was as easy as that.

But then I remembered what Natalie told me; to look at all the information, and all the files, before making the choice.

I then grabbed both of the girls 'profiles' and I looked at both of them with interest. I also looked at their video's and I smiled a bit as I looked at Jasmine's. She really was a great girl; I was curious which coach had taken her. I then grabbed her 'coach' file and as I opened it up I couldn't help but giggle a bit as I saw that it was Isla whom had chosen her; of course she had been chosen third. She was a great and fun girl. Isla did a good job with her and it explained further her question she had asked turning the story more around to Jasmine. I could also see them being best friends in the same way that Lea and I were. I looked at all the information that Isla had written down, giving her recommendations and stuff like that and I smiled at that. Good. My little girl had done so good, I was so proud of the soft-spoken Isla, whom had made this beautiful girl steal the hearts of my sons. But not as much as Olivia had done apparently.