Chapter 10

"Thank you for answering all my questions and for letting me in on the secret and for the dinner and everything."  Erica said with a huge smile. "It was great to meet you."

"Of course. It was great to meet you too." Papa said and she smiled very widely as I walked out of the house with her and she looked at me with her mouth open in shock as she then punched my arm hard.

"Hey!" I said shocked looking at her.

"You liar! You let me talk about Locatlie for hours and you knew all the answers. You fucking idiot!" She said with a huge smile on her face and I giggled as I hugged her from behind as we walked towards the car.

"I loved the fact that you were so fucking oblivious." I said giving her cheek a kiss as I went and sat down in the car and she sat down next to me.

"How do you know Dave?" She asked me as Dave was driving and I looked at Dave and then back at her.

"He's basically my uncle." I said and she frowned looking at me. "Daniel is named after his brother."

"Why?" She asked curiously.

"Remember when my mum was brought to Locatlie and was placed with a family?" I asked and she nodded slowly. "Dave was the younger of the two guys. He's basically mums brother."

"O my lord. That's amazing and you work for the security team then?" She asked with a huge smile on her face.

"I'm the head of International and National security yes." Dave said and she gasped in excitement.

"That's amazing. What about your parents?" She asked "And your brother?" She added.

"My brother was on Johnson Island. Got taken with the queen. Died in capture." Dave said as he drove and I stared at Erica, observing her reactions and I saw pure sadness in her eyes. "My mum died during the bombing of the funeral of my Princess Lea and her family. My father died of a heart attack, or heartbreak as we call it in Locatlie, a week after that."

"O my- I'm so sorry." She said carefully and he nodded slowly.

"Thank you." Dave said and I smiled looking at her. "Are you two together?" Dave asked and Erica looked at him with a frown and then burst into laughter. "Whats so funny?"

"I like girls." She replied casually and Dave nodded slowly with a small smile. "He's my best friend, basically the brother I never had. I thought I was the sister he never had, but apparently he has sisters." I snorted. "No, I'm serious. I thought we had this big brother little sister thing going on."

"You do remind me loads of Carrie though, thinking about it." I said casually as I stared out the window and I sighed.

"You'll see her next week." She reassured me putting her hand on my leg.

"I know." I sighed dramatically.

"Dave?" She started and he gave a curt nod. "What is Carrie like?" Dave then snorted a bit and shook his head.

"I'm not going there, m'am. Ask Christian." He said and she frowned looking at me and I looked at her before looking out the window.

"She'd hate you." I said casually.

"Why?" Erica gasped.

"Because she's jealous." I replied casually. "She wants me all to herself."

"Well that's going to be difficult when you're going to be married to the Queen of Seglusa within now and ten years." Erica replied.

"Hence why we're on the other side of the United States to her." I replied and Erica was silent for a second or two before she nodded.

"Makes sense." Erica confirmed and I nodded slowly as we arrived at our hotel. "Dave thank you for driving us. It was great to meet you. You're a hero." She said and Dave smiled very widely and nodded as the two of us walked towards the hotel and I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.