35. -Art & Fiat-

-Art-

"I do own regular colored suits that won't irritate your mother." I say looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"Yeah but I love you in Indigo."

I frown and turn to look at him, "What color don't you like me in?"

"True. I like you in all colors. Besides the fact that it irritates my mom is a bonus."

"What? Are you rebelling?"

"No. I just need her to know that I'm a good son. Not a puppet."

I blink at him, "Really?"

"You think I'm a puppet?"

"No baby. I just notice you go above and beyond for approval from your parents."

"I used to."

"What changed?"

"She saw me crushed to a million pieces trying not to lose you. But she still pushed to make you hate me. I can't forgive her. She won't ever care about me. Why do I try?" He says looking at the ground.

My heartbreaks. I close the distance between us and wrap my arms around him.

"She does care."

"How?"

"Remember when I told you that some people aren't good with words so you have to pay closer attention?"

"Yeah."

"Your mother is mean, self serving, opportunistic, manipulative and prideful. But she does order you lunch everyday."

"She doesn't even remember I'm allergic to garlic. I looked it up I think she's a narcissist. The lunch thing is a ritual not because she loves me. If she did it for the right reasons she would know what I liked. She will never love me. I accept that now. But it's ok because you love me enough to keep it covered."

"She does love you. But she's miserable. Miserable people make people miserable. She can't help herself."

"If she loves me and never once shows it does it matter? If I never once feel it?"

Note to self, punish Sonia for making my baby feel this way.

"Baby it's impossible. You are the most love able person I ever met. Besides I adopted you."

He laughs, "My parents made me get that annulled."

"Doesn't change the fact that I take full responsibility for you."

He buries his nose in my neck and groans,
"I am having a really tough time not ravaging you."

"Ravage me later."

"Will do."

-Fiat-

"Babbbbyyy." He whines as he sits my lunch tray in front of me.

"Yes my love."

"Can I have a job?"

"Which?"

"Maybe a Secretary or Assistant?"

"Easy enough. What are your duties?"

"Lunch."

"And?"

"Can I have the girls job with the boobs?"

"Who?"