17. A Night of Neglect

A/N: Mature stuff in this chapter buddies 👀😅  Trigger warning for talk on rape, sex, suicide, eating disorders throughout. Please read at your own risk....and yes...the long awaited smut is here ya nasties 😂

I apologize in advance. Smut and I have a love hate relationship. 👀

XXXX

XXXX

"Kurtsy! Kurtsy!" Kailani squealed, racing up the stairs and down the hallway of the Hummel-Hudson household towards her brother's room.

"Where's the fire?" Kurt asked, poking his head out of his bedroom door with a confused look, chuckling when he spotted Kailani jumping over the dirty clothes pile outside of Finn's room with a letter in hand. "Woah, woah, slow down. You're going to break something."

"Look!" Kailani grinned, jumping into the spot in front of her brother and doing a quick extra hop and squeak of excitement.

As Kailani turned the envelope around and flashed Kurt a view of The Composition Competition:  Speak out! seal, the boy gasped and snatched it out of his twin's hand.

"Why haven't you opened it?" Kurt asked, checking the seal to confirm the bouncing girl had yet to open the letter. "Kailani, open it!"

Kailani shook her head, shoving the letter back towards the Dalton boy. She cupped her face and squeaked out a few incoherent noises.

"I can't! Anxiety! I'm overwhelmed! I'm gonna cry already!" Kailani choked out, waving her hands at the letter. "Open it and read it to me! Please. Please. Please."

"Okay, okay." Kurt laughed.

Kailani held her Quinn necklace to her mouth, nervously fiddling with it as she halted her bouncing and watched anxiously as her brother ripped open the seal and unfolded the top. He pulled out the cream crisp paper inside painstakingly slowly as Kailani's eyes followed his every movement, heart jumping out of her chest.

Kurt unfolded the letter and glanced up towards his twin, before allowing his eyes to scan over the fancy letter and clean typewriter styled letters across the page.

"Oh my god."

"What?" Kailani questioned, a worried look across her face as she witnessed Kurt's eyes quickly rescan the letter. "Kurt! What?"

"Dear Miss. Hummel..." Kurt and Kailani shared a look, rolling their eyes, before the boy chuckled and looked back down at the paper to continue. "...I am delighted to inform you that the committee has reviewed your submissions of Drowning Fish and We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off with fascinated ears. Please accept my personal congratulations for your outstanding achievement of moving forward to the national finals for this competition in the amateur category for both song writing and poetry!"