20. Prom Queen

A/N: Who's here lovies?

Trigger warning for eating disorder and homophobic comments

We all gonna be a little pissy with Miss Fabray again, but we love her soooo👀😂

👑

XXXX

XXXX

There were many times Quinn Fabray knew she shouldn't have opened her mouth.

There were also many times Quinn knew she should have taken a deep breath and calmed down before approaching a topic while aggravated. She had been told on multiple occasions that she was a bit of an impulsive hothead when it came to some situations.

There were frequent occasions the blonde ex-cheerleader knew when to shut her mouth.

And this was unfortunately not one of those times.

"Actually, Finn's picking me up and we're going to dinner after pictures with my mom."

Quinn watched Kailani's brows rise and the freckles across her face move, face twisting with an assortment of emotions within seconds, before landing on a familiar withdrawn look.

Shit.

"Oh? I...I didn't know that." Kailani's voice was quiet, a humming sound following after her as she pretended to shift through her locker for the book already in her book bag.

"We're just keeping the act up for elections and then I'm all yours, baby." Quinn smiled, leaning against the locker and observing Kailani as her partner nodded, pressing her lips together, before unwrapping a package and placing another piece of gum in her mouth to relieve her anxiety.

"So, is he getting your corsage and everything too?" Kailani asked, disappointment rising in her chest when Quinn nodded without hesitation.

"Yeah, so we can match."

"Okay...so you're telling me I need to find a date to the dance?" The brunette finally asked, turning and sending a hurt look to her girlfriend with a soft sigh, returning her eyes to her locker a second later.

"What? No. We're dates." Quinn chuckled, not seeing the issue.

"It sounds like you're Finn's date." Kailani closed the locker and turned towards Quinn with a small confused frown. "He's picking you up, he's doing pictures with you, he's getting your corsage, you guys matched outfits without me-"

"We're all matching outfits. Baby blue, black or white?" Quinn frowned.

"I haven't even picked what I'm wearing, Quinn." Kailani reminded the blonde, sighing. "You went with Finn to arrange his tux with your gown and you never offered to go with me. I-I was thinking of a different style dress, but you wouldn't know that because you've been with him all week. I just don't think you're really wanting to go with me.."