{1} Willow Tree | Aug 31, 2022

###########################

The stars were shining bright, but none of them brighter than the dazzling sea blue ones of the love of my life. I know people say when you are young, you know nothing. But I knew deep down, Carter was the love of my life, even just at the age of sixteen.

We were sitting under a large willow tree, the place we first met. We were having a date, wanting to be away from everyone, so we decided to do so in the middle of the night. Laying there on the grassy surface, silence filled our ears, the small autumn breeze blowing through my short black hair.

I turned my head to my left, locating Carter staring at me with a wide grin on his face. "What?" I asked, chuckling slightly. "Nothing." He simply replied, his grin only growing wider. I quickly went back to frowning, not really one to smile all of the time. "I want to see that pretty smile of yours." The love of my life stated, sitting up to look down at me.

I still didn't smile, not wanting to give into his request. "C'mon, give me a smile, Katherine." Carter then urged. My mouth curved up slightly. "That's it, really?" I only smiled more at his questions. "C'mon, I wanna see your real smile." My face dropped yet again, being too embarrassed for him to see it, even if we have been together for so long.

I looked away, my cheeks heating up slightly. "Hey, hey, don't be embarrassed--" The blue eyed boy put his index finger under my chin, turning my head to look up at him again. He just stayed there, admiring my face as the grin on his curved up even more.

"What?" I breathed out, feeling my heartbeat speed up by the second. "Nothing. Just appreciating how beautiful my perfect little girlfriend is. Big, brown eyes. Little, freckled nose. And-- look I made you smile. The most beautiful smile in the world. A literal goddess, made just for me."

I giggled, immediately feeling weird about it afterwards. Out of all of the boys that I have been with, none have ever made me feel the same way Carter did. I love him so much. I can't even imagine what life would be like without him.

He leaned down and pulled me into a long, loving kiss, smiling into it. A few seconds later, he pulled away, though his forehead was still on mine, his sea blue eyes staring straight into my green ones. "You have to wake up," Carter whispered. "What?"

"This is all a dream."

I gasped. Plain white walls. Dull grey bed. Simple wooden desk. No loving, blue eyed boyfriend. No love at first sight under a willow tree. Just a normal, little girl, dreaming of things she will never get from this great, big world.

If only I can have Carter. If only I could have him.

488 words

###########################

Got this idea in the shower. I've always hated how my smile looked, and this particular fake scenario made me come up with this idea.