{46} Don't Die | Oct 24, 2022

Italics is flashbacks

###########################

TW: Suicide, swearing and death

###########################

"C'mon, it's just one chocolate; it'll be fine." Said the little red figure floating on my left shoulder. "You can't; you heard your mom, no chocolates before dinner." The white figure on my right shoulder said.

—————————————

"Seriously, Kameron? Sneaking out? Just to see a few girls at a party? I thought you were better than that." The angel on my right shoulder scolded, crossing her little arms in front of her chest as she rolled her tiny blue eyes. "Shut up, angel, he's in the process of growing up; a little rule breaking won't affect anything."

—————————————

"Kam, I really think you should call your dad. I know you two have problems, but wouldn't it be better for the both of you if you two just worked past these problems?" Angel quizzed, dangling her small legs over the edge of my right shoulder. "No, angel, don't you get it? His dad is a piece of shit; Kam's better off without him."

—————————————

"Kam? Kam? What are you doing? Put the pills down!" Angel ordered, her glossy blue eyes staring up at me. "Kam-- Kameron- no-- fuck- Kam! Don't you dare-- don't--" Devil stammered as her red eyes stung with tears.

"Kam-- stop it!" Angel cried out. "Kameron, I swear-- I swear to God! If you don't put the fucking pills down--" Devil shouted; but it was no use, they were too late. As each pill slipped down my throat, I saw the tears that streamed down my pale cheeks; my brown eyes now seeming dull, my brown hair messy, my features bony.

I could see the feathers on Angel's wings fall off; her halo stopped shining, her blonde hair turned grey, her blue eyes stopped glimmering. Devil's wings fell off piece by piece; her horns cracked, her brunette hair faded into black, her red eyes stopped glowing.

"Don't die." They both said in unison, their voices cracked and raspy; but it was no use. They slowly faded away as I fell to the floor, my life flashing before my eyes.

"C'mon, it's just one chocolate."

"Seriously, Kameron? Sneaking out?"

"No, angel, don't you get it? His dad is a piece of shit."

Every memory, every sentence, every word, Angel and Devil said came into my mind as I felt one last tear drip down my face before I could no longer feel. Darkness masked my eyes-- and right before I completely died I heard-- "Please don't die."

Silence.

406 words

###########################

Y'know the thought of having an Angel and Devil on your shoulders? And how they would constantly bicker on and on about whether you should be a nice little kid or an adventurous one? I know they would probably disagree on most things, but I do imagine that they would agree on one thing- and that is to keep their person alive.