{102} Perish | Apr 5, 2023

TW: Death

###########################

I wore my best suit, she wore her black dress.

We settled under the moonlight, admiring the glowing stars while we sat on the prickly green grass.

Who would've thought? The last night of my life would be the best.

Within seconds, the world was going to die, and so were we. But the only thing keeping your eyes lit and our hearts open was knowing our love will live on, even if everything else has perished and rotted.

My arms went around her shoulders, hers going around my waist. We shared our warmth in the chilly night as our last moments skipped by.

I heard the explosion, the fiery boom flashing in front of us. And before I could even react, everything had ended.

But the ghost of us still held onto each other while our love still blew in the air; lingering, as if etched into the mid-air mist, lasting forever.

153 words

###########################

This story didn't have a particular backstory. I just really like the 'right person, not enough time' trope, and I have been playing the song 'as the world caves in' on repeat while going through this 'titanic' phase-- and I mean, if that doesn't make a story like this, I don't know what will.