{29} Stand There | Oct 9, 2022

###########################

There he stood; and there she stood. Tall, black haired boy; pretty, redhead girl. They were perfect for each other. But then there's Kyla; standing at the sidelines, admiring Jones; ignoring the arm he had around Anne's shoulders.

You see, Kyla and Jones were once together-- well, as friends. Best friends actually; they were inseparable. They shared ice creams together every Sunday, went to their place every Wednesday, celebrated their friendship anniversary every year. He was perfect in her heart; he was the one.

But you see, this is the horrible thing about love, it's a risky thing to do. You could be completely and utterly devoted to someone; you could be literally handing someone your heart, and they could take it and crush it. You wanna know the worst part? Sometimes, they don't even know that they're doing it.

As Jones slowly slipped away, he took the pieces of Kyla's heart with him; every single piece. And she stood there, waiting for him to fix it, for him to return it; for him to give her his. She knows he is never going to do it. She knows he is never going to love her back. And here is the other thing about love, it can be the happiest thing you ever experience; as well as hurting so badly you'd rather die.

Kyla stood there, begging Jones to love her; but her pleas were silent to him as he loved someone else; leaving her already broken heart to shatter even more. She stood there, waiting for someone who will never return; she loved him knowing he will never love her back.

So all Kyla did was stand there. Waiting.

280 words

###########################

This already mentioned guy that I was so close to falling in love with started dating another girl. I felt jealous. This girl did nothing wrong, she was just simply dating a guy. She's really nice as well, and no part of me could hate her. But having him be with someone else did really hurt, and that sparked this story. (For the record, I know nothing about love; this is all based off of random things I thought about.)