{93} Fairytale | Feb 26, 2023

###########################

The music flowed through my ears as my body moved with it. The dress was tight and uncomfortable, but I felt magical wearing it. It was just him and I, my prince charming, the one everyone said didn't exist.

But with a blink of an eye, he was gone, vanished into thin air. They're right, they're all right. There's no such thing as a prince charming, or a 'happily ever after'. It's all fake, a sham, to make you feel like life's worth living.

Even if he's just a figment of my imagination, he felt so goddamn real. It's almost like I could touch him, his pale cheeks. It's almost like I could see him-- his sharp features, his platinum blond hair, his crystal blue eyes. He just feels so real.

And knowing that he isn't.. shatters every bit of my heart. I have never loved anyone before, but somehow fall for a fantasy-- except, no one's here to catch me.

They tell me that I can't keep doing this, keep imagining that I'm with someone who doesn't even exist; but I already fell in love with a fairytale, and now I gotta live through the nightmare.

197 words

###########################

I got lonely for a while. And I fell in love, whatever love is, which a guy I completely made up. I kept him a secret for a year, and I finally told someone. She said that it was unhealthy that I had a whole made-up boyfriend, but I just couldn't seem to stop, and now I gotta live through the pain of knowing he's fake.