{56} Ghost | Nov 11-12, 2022

A/n: These ones are back to stories I wrote for myself, so they might get better. Anyways ENJOYYY!! (hopefully)

###########################

I glided around her room, still able to smell her vanilla scent. I tried to touch the clothes that scattered on the floor, but my hand went right through it; and again, a little piece of my heart cracked, fell, and faded.

I could hear the faint footsteps that I knew all too well and quiet sobbing in the distance. Finally, the front door opened, revealing the sight of a girl with curly strawberry blonde hair, some brown freckles scattered around her pale face, and her forest green eyes that were glossy with tears as they streamed down her face. It was Amelia.

Worry washed over me as I flew over to her, wanting to do anything to comfort her, but I couldn't; because she couldn't see me. She shut the door and dropped on her knees, emerging into a fit of sobs as her glimmering tears dripped off of her chin. I kneeled down next to her, wanting to ask what happened, or what I could do to make her feel better.

Amelia looked up, her forest green eyes landing a picture of us. It was the day I proposed to her; I planned the whole day, wanting it to be perfect just for her. And when we arrived at the hill, where the treehouse we built as kids lived, I got down on one knee, the beautiful purple fading to orange sky surrounding us; will you marry me, I asked, yes, she answered.

She picked up the photo, her tears dropping onto it. "Kyle," Amelia breathed out, "Why did you leave me Kyle?" Her eyes watered again as her sobs got more rapid. "Y-- you were perfect for me, you were my soulmate. You told me that I have to keep living after you die, find love again; but how can I love someone else when you will live in my heart forever?"

I could feel my heart break at her words, wanting to do anything to end her pain. She fell to her knees again, hugging the photo to her chest; and I kneeled down next to her, not able to control wrapping my arms around her. I expected me to go through her, but I didn't; I was hugging her. I could feel her warmth, I could feel her tears.

But I didn't question it, I just kept hugging her, enjoying her in my embrace before I couldn't anymore.

403 words

###########################

Have you ever wanted to hold someone-- but knew that you'd never be able to? That's what motivated this story, that need to be with him and only him, but never getting the chance to do so.