{94} Fear | Mar 1, 2023

TW: Very slight swearing and slight mentions death

###########################

What is my biggest fear? I've been asked multiple times.

Oh, tigers are scary.

Heights, yes definitely heights.

I would say the dark, you never know what's there.

But what is it really? What am I truly afraid of?

I thought I was invincible. I thought there was nothing that could fear me. I have walked through hell alone with no one even knowing I was there; I have stared Death right in the face and laughed.

And then, I truly thought about it. I dug deep into my dark and twisted soul and found my true fear-- the one thing that breaks me.

Weakness.

I refuse to get attached, I refuse to break down the walls I have built up-- the walls that took pain, and blood, and loss to build up. I refuse to have another person see me at my weakest point, and let me go through it again, and again, and again... until I break, once and for all.

So I stay being with the skin of steel, pretending to be this soldier-- that's strong... and fearless.

But truly, I have always been so small, so defenseless-- so weak.

It was all pretend, all fake. I'm not insensitive, I'm not emotionless. I do care, I do love, and the walls tumble down like glass shattering.

And I'm afraid.. that it will finish me once and for all-- but I won't die a soldier that fought for their will, but a coward that hid for too long.

250 words

###########################

I have never really been afraid of most things, not even the really small things, like spiders and snakes. And yes, I used to be afraid of death and loneliness, but not that I think about it, it really doesn't affect me that much. So I really dug deep, thought about it, and found my true fear; and not you know too.