{91} Mystery Man | Jan 20, 2023

###########################

The whistling wind of the cold winter blew through my pixie cut blue hair. My two hands held bags of groceries as I walked home from the shops.

My head pounded with every sound around me ringing in my ears, the hangover bad like any other.

"Hey Kory." I heard someone say-- though with the loudness of his voice, my head only hurt more as I grimaced.

Turning around, I saw a familiar brunette man with a slight beard-- and blue eyes that shone like crystals.

"Do I know you?" I asked, stopping in my track to take a closer look at this mystery man. "Well-- I guess last night wasn't as memorable to you then." I could hear him mutter under his breath.

And, like a strong gust of wind, a blurred memory of yesterday flashed into my mind. And I remember it was with a fuzzy figure, with blue eyes that shone like crystals.

"Oh, so you're the guy from last night." I replied, continuing my path home as he followed. "Yeah-- though I remember you saying you had work; hence why you left in such a rush." The mystery man stated.

"Well-- I do have work... Jerry?" I stammered, to which the guy responded with, "It's Jamie. And, well, I wasn't really expecting your job to be buying groceries." Jamie chuckled while I rolled my hazel eyes.

"No, my job is not buying groceries, what I do for a living is none of your business. Though something that is my business is why you're following me." I expounded, looking at the brunette man skeptically.

"I'm not." He stated, a small smirk plastered on his face. "Oh, so you're saying you just so happen to be walking on the same road as me, which is also the way to my home." I remarked.

"Well then, I guess fate wanted us to meet." Jamie then declared as I chuckled, slightly shaking my head. "So I see you're a dreamer." I murmured.

I stopped walking as I clicked the buttons on the machine of the building to my apartment. "I hope fate finds you a kind and fun girl, Jamie." I said, about to walk into the place.

"Wait," He called out. I sighed and turned around.

"I had fun last night." Jamie breathed out while I smiled. "Glad to be at your service." I then answered.

The bearded man took a deep breath before asking, "Can't you be my kind and fun girl?"

I shook my head, my smile turning into a playful grin. "Do your thing and keep dreaming, mystery man." And with that, I left, expecting that to be the last I saw of him.

My fingertips escaped the keyboard, the thoughts faltering as the words stopped.

When I first met him, my Jamie, I thought fate was just a sham, that hope was fake, and that love was a useless act that will only get your heart broken. But he showed me that life is only dull and grey without love.

I wouldn't have gotten through with life if it wasn't for my love, the man with blue eyes that shone like crystals.

And I will never forget my mystery man.

535 words

###########################

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but I don't believe in love. I believe in facts. Not yet have I found someone who has proven to me that love is actually real, so until then I would remain thinking love is fake. And this particular story is a fake scenario I made up last year- as I was walking home today, I remembered it and thought it through and cape up with this.