{38} Tears | Oct 17, 2022

###########################

'Tears are the words your heart can't say' I've been told. Then I guess I have none, because never have I shed a tear.

I was taught that crying was weak, crying is a form of manipulation, crying is just a way to make a fool of yourself. "You can't cry," dad has said, "You look stupid."

I can still hear the laughs echoing, the laughs of this person who is supposed to be the one who wiped my tears; though instead I got made fun of, ignored, neglected, walked out on.

I lay in bed, staring at the dull white ceiling. Sadness flooded through me, horrible thoughts clouded my brain; but my eyes were dry as imaginary tears rolled down my face.

'Tears are the words your heart can't say' I've been told; well then, I must be speechless, because I've never 'said' these words, I've never cried before.

And now that he is out of my life, I thought that I could finally do it, finally let out all of these feelings with each of my non-existent tears; but still, they didn't come. The damage was already done, the scar is already cut; and God knows how long it'll take to heal.

204 words

###########################

I wasn't allowed to cry, not in front of him at least. Over time, I got into the habit of not crying; and after a little more than two years of not doing so, I finally shed the tears. I'm still not used to crying and don't really do it; only did it twice after this piece was made. He's ruined those feelings, and I wrote them down.