{133} Left | Aug 27, 2023

TW: Mentions of alcohol and swearing

###########################

Gaze hazy, limping his way through the dark and isolated streets-- he could barely walk without holding onto things he passed by.

Kalyan isn't one to drink. He had a good grasp on his happiness, but life has just been different after she left. It has been sadder, and more dull. And the only way that Kalyan was able to drown out the overwhelming sorrow is by clouding his mind with immense amounts of alcohol to silent the memories that kept replaying in his head.

His once love, Lana, left him with no explanation. One day she was head over heels for him, the next, suddenly gone. Kalyan was left alone to deal with the loss of someone that brought him such joy in his life-- like the sun setting, though without it being slow or beautiful-- and worse of all, with no closure or understanding of why any of it happened.

Kalyan often thought that it was his fault. He didn't do enough for her to stay, he tried too hard and scared her away. He was too nice that she thought it would be fine to break his heart, he wasn't nice enough so she decided to leave. There were so many possible explanations as to why she could've left him, and it has just been killing his head not even knowing why she didn't care enough to stay.

But in full truth, the reason Lana left the love of his life was never to hurt him, or to spite him-- but to protect him; from the truth of what happened.

On a particular night where Lana was with a man she used to love, they shared a drunken kiss, then another, then shared the night with each other; forgetting the people that were waiting for them at home. Turns out she might've still felt something for him, if not love.

Lana was conflicted on whether or not to tell Kalyan about the drunken mistake she had made. She could've told him that she didn't mean to-- she was drunk, and stupid-- and did something unforgivable. But a mistake is still a mistake, even through a haze of drunkenness; like how words are still words, even through anger.

Her first thought was to continue pretending that everything between them was perfectly fine. Forget she has ever shared that night with her ex, move on from this mistake in the past. But the guilt was still unbearable, weighing on her shoulders and her heart; so at last she left him. But Lana didn't want to leave Kalyan knowing of how untrustworthy she was, with his heart and his love; and she didn't want him in more pain than he already was. So she kept silent. Ran away, leaving him alone and with no closure; but at least he didn't have to endure the agony of a broken heart.

Though, unbeknownst to her, he may never be able to move on without knowing what really happened; and still have to live with am aching heart, along with self-hatred for thinking he fucked up something that was so wonderful, when in truth he did absolutely nothing wrong, it was her who fucked up.

"Hey, are you okay?" A soft, feminine voice asked. Kalyan, looking over, saw a blurry faded silhouette of what seems to be a girl. He didn't respond, standing there, shoulders dropped, head hung low.

She walked closer to Kalyan, and even through his drunken haze, he seemed to be able to see her crystal clear. She's just got these endearing eyes, large and round-- almost doe-like-- blue with a greyish hue. Everything around him was out of focus, but her eyes were clear as day-- light and crisp, yet somehow also soft, and almost innocent.