{119} Fool Me Once, Shame on You; Fool me Twice, Shame on Me | Jun 30, 2023

TW: Swearing (vulgar language), slight mentions of drug addicts (not actual occurrences) and mentions of fighting

###########################

It was the first day of school after the summer holiday, which felt like it would never end for Kayly. To her it was just a long period of time in her life of just pure loneliness and isolation. School wasn't fun either, but at least she wasn't alone-- physically, that is.

Though, Kayly had been dreading going into this grade for as long as she could remember-- when kids finally passed the awkward transition of being told they're a child but also a teenager, when people start really dating and all of the drama intensifies-- junior year.

All of the girls seemed to have glowed up, and even if they didn't, they discovered makeup and push-up bras. The awkward boys were finally able to grow a pair and ask out the girls they've been crushing on since primary school. These people that Kayly has known for practically her whole life seemed to have come back as different people, and that just left her as lonelier as ever.

—————————————

First period, Maths. Kayly sat at the back of the class, as usual. She always thought it was weird how she started off as the perky little girl that sat at the front and always raised her hand, and now ended up at the stereotypical depressed emo kid that can't even keep her hair out of her face; with her head hung low and knees close to her chest.

But that was when the new-kid walked in. Kayly couldn't keep her eyes off of her. She just seemed so... beautiful. It felt like she was in a y2k highschool rom-com, watching what seemed to be the most gorgeous person to ever exist walking into the same room as her.

With wavy blonde hair that reached just below her shoulders, and big blue glasses that matched her crystal blue eyes. Delicate rosy lips and a button nose with freckles scattered around.

And as much of an 'outcast' or 'weird' Kayly was, or thought she was, she couldn't help but have this feeling in the pit of her stomach grow, start developing a... crush, which was something she swore she would never do.

—————————————

"It's just weird, Jesse-- I've never felt this way for someone before." Kayly stated, taking an aggressive bite out of her incredibly shitty school lunch, but three dollars can only get you so far.

"I thought you swore to never have feelings for someone again. That dating is a waste of time since love isn't even real." The boy quizzed, earning a low grown from the short-haired girl. "Yea, which is why it's bothering me so fucking much."

Jesse was also your typical high school outcast, with a black beanie he never seemed to take off and nerdy rectangular glasses that seemed too small for his face. He's known Kayly since the first grade and has been friends with her since then. They were always together-- two peas in a pod, each others' only family even though they aren't even related.

"Well, I don't think having feelings is that bad. I mean, she might be different from Brittany." Jesse stated as an obvious grimace took over Kayly's face.

Brittany Samuels, the cheerleading captain, with blonde hair and a pretty face, basically that one popular girl that everyone knows.