{39} Eyes | Oct 15, 2022

###########################

Even if there were a thousand dazzling eyes in the room, hers landed on mine, and mine landed on hers; the most dazzling ones of them all.

Eyes have always fascinated me; not the science behind it, no, but how it looks, what it shows. I love how when you look into someone's eyes, as much as they are trying to hide how they are truly feeling, masking their distress with a smile, you can always find out how they actually feel by looking into their eyes.

Through the dancing crowd, I could still locate her motionless body-- her arms stiffly by her sides, her legs not jumping around anymore; her eyes not happy anymore. Staring into Jenny's eyes, I saw the sadness that filled them; and I saw her wide grin faltering into a frown.

Not shifting my gaze, I saw tears brimming her blue eyes; and with a blink, they fell down her cheeks. And then, her dazzling eyes looked away, going back to dancing with everyone; ignoring the sadness that now clouded her brain.

I walked out of the party, feeling the loud music still ringing in my ears even after exiting. As I strolled down the isolated streets, feeling the cool, midnight breeze blow through my shoulder length brown hair, I thought about Jenny.

I thought about how I used to run my hands through her smooth, blonde hair every time she vomited during a drunken stated, how I used to boop her nose whenever I felt like teasing her about being so much shorter than me, how I used to cup her rosy cheeks as I stared into her oh so beautiful sky blue eyes while confessing the never-ending love I felt for her.

I thought about how she would jokingly smack me in the head as she said 'how the heck did you get a better score Kyler?' every time I got a better grade than her, how she used to laugh cutely every time I bumped into something due to how tall I was, how she used to wrap her hands around my waist while staring into my brown eyes; listening to me spill out all of the feelings I feel for her.

And then, I remembered the look in her eyes at the party, the drops of tears that escaped her sad eyes; the look that was nothing like how it was when we were still together, when we loved each other with all of our hearts, but only showed it by the looks in our eyes.

Eyes have always fascinated me, her eyes; how beautiful they seem through joy and pain, how dazzling they are under the sun and moon-- how much emotions they can hold, whether it's love or hate.

I would give anything to gaze into her perfect eyes with glimmers of love hinted in them; love for me. I would give anything to turn back time and be with her again; to hold her, to laugh with her, to look into her eyes and tell her I love her, because I still do, and I always will.

519 words

###########################

I've always been fascinated by people's eyes and how beautiful they can be. But looking into the eyes of her blue ones, all I could feel was everything.. yet nothing. It was fascinating how she made me feel like that, and I finally got to write it down.