{109} The Handsome Young Man And Little Miss Perfect | May 1, 2023

Italics is flashbacks

###########################

TW: Very slight mention of death

###########################

Josephine looked up at the sky, laying on the green grass, feeling the prickling sensation all over her back.

She seemed to be the perfect girl-- her luscious blonde curls spread around her face, with a peculiar glint in her bright blue eyes that stared widely up at the clouds. Her skin was pale and fair, like the soft snow on an early winter morning and the glimmering lakes where kids play.

Everyone looked at her as if she was a painting-- something so beautiful and worth admiring, but not cared enough to be known for what she truly is; just what they believed her to be.

They didn't know of the fretfulness that hid behind her glistening eyes, they didn't care that she was more than just little miss perfect-- but something so much more.

—————————————

Keith sat alone on the rickety old bench that was buried behind the bunches of trees on a hidden hill.

He was what they called the 'handsome young man', the one that everyone was compared to. He's got the brains, and the brawns-- with the flawless smile and pearly white teeth. So tall and built-- could never be caught in a bad moment. Charming and charismatic, able to get everyone to stare at him the moment he steps into the room.

He was like the statues of Greek Gods-- so perfect and praiseworthy- but not enough to be understood; only enough to be what they wanted him to be, the impeccable young man.

No one knew of the loneliness that hid behind his smooth skin of stone-- all of the emotion he truly has in his heart that's just unknown to everyone around him.

—————————————

As the breezy dusk finally arrived, Josephine cautiously climbed out of her window, going straight to her bike.

She has wanted to leave that insufferable house for a while now-- leaving the expectations, and the annoying requests.

When are you finally going to find a boyfriend?

What is the point of having a pretty face if you're still alone?

Dress better. Smile more. Stand straighter. Be thinner.

She did want to find a man someday-- someone to cherish her for who she was inside. But she didn't want to do it on the terms of her mother, who didn't know enough to find a better husband.

Josephine biked away into the dark night, the wind blowing through her golden locks and her flowy brown dress. She was going to go to the hidden hill she always went to to clear her mind-- the one with a beautiful forest located on top.

That was the only place that made her heart feel fulfilled and kept her mind at peace. With chirping birds and blooming flowers. It was always so quiet-- something to keep her sane for when her life has become loud.