{127} Lose Her | Aug 15, 2023

###########################

My best friend is a part of me, like a piece of my body, attached to me; a fraction of my heart. She's like a platonic soulmate, someone that's meant for me, just not in that way. She's the most important part of my life-- my will to live, my reason to die-- she's the reason for my happiness.

I'm fully aware of the selfishness of depending my happiness on just one person, and the toll it must take on her if anything was to happen; but while she doesn't know, she doesn't have to care about it.

To lose her would be like losing a limb, something meant to be with you taken away forcefully; ripped away so suddenly even Life didn't see it coming. And over the years, you might get used to that uncomfortable sudden realisation that you don't have that arm or leg anymore, but you'll always be somewhat aware of just how weird it is without it in your life.

If I ever lost her, I know I would never be the same again. Because I know deep down that I wouldn't just be losing her-- I'd be losing a piece of my mind, my heart and my soul; myself-- and I know that I would never fully get it back, that I would never fully get myself back, not with her missing presence, her missing piece in my life.

And it just honestly pains me to even think about losing her. She's such a significant person to me-- a part of almost every happy memory, included in the bunches of stupid photos we've taken together. The bond I have with her is so strong that it would feel that it's impossible to break, yet so easy to at the same time.

I just hope she stays. If she leaves, well there's nothing I could do about it. I could beg and cry, I could, but I know how she is, and I know that if she chooses to leave, she would stick with that decision. But I wouldn't want her to leave, not now, not yet, not ever even. People come and go, but it was different with her. She came into my life like the sun on a cloudy day, a rainbow after the storm. A hatched egg with a chirping bird inside, a bright smile on a sad girls' face. She was the unexpected beam of sunshine to arrive in my life, and I don't want to lose that, I don't want to lose her.

Because I know I'd lose myself along with it too.

433 words

###########################

My best friend is moving schools, and we made all these agreements to keep in contact and call everyday and sh*t, but it just doesn't seem she's as enthusiastic in maintaining this friendship as me.