{77} Next Step | Dec 15, 2022

TW: Mentions death

###########################

Staring at the blank white wall that was once filled with photos of her and I, nothing but sadness clouded my head.

I looked down at the box that scattered with our old things as tears stung my eyes. I still remember what she and I did and the backstories of these objects, and I'm going to throw them away as the memories of them follow behind.

The vine-filled photo-frame. We snuck out of the house as rain poured hard onto the pavement and went into the woods. We didn't care if the water droplets soaked our clothes and hair, we were still happier than ever being together, warming up the chilly weather with the warmth in our hearts.

The heart-shaped box. It once was filled with all kinds of chocolate and candy; she bought it for me on our second year anniversary. She recreated how I asked her out when we were thirteen, how I gave her a heart-shaped box filled with chocolate and candy, how I gave her a large bouquet of roses, how I hugged her so tight right before leaving for the night.

The fluffy cat doll. She stitched it for me; it was the only reason she took classes, to be able to make little knick knacks for us to create memories with. I still remember the day she gave it to me. It was cloudy as rain sprinkled onto the front lawn. I was reading a book, but she averted my gaze as she walked into the room; and that was when I got Fluffy.

More objects were in the box as our photos scattered around the floor. I wanted to keep them, close to me, close to my heart, close to our memories that filled my head-- but that is doing nothing but pausing my steps of life as I stood at the same place she settled.

Losing her to the monster we all know as Death broke my heart as she took the pieces, one by one, with her; and what is left of it streamed down my face with each tear while the memories slipped out as they escaped into the photos and objects that got thrown away as I can finally take the next step of my life.

378 words

###########################

Honestly, I completely ran out of ideas. I asked the said 'almost-love' who I only see as a friend now. He gave me a random idea, and I turned it into a story-- and here you have it.