Part Seventy-Five

And that's p1 for Daniel Ricciardo at the Silverstone Grand Prix'

Holy shit! I ran out to see him come in, I couldn't believe he'd done it. The race had been one of the most intense battles I had ever seen. There had been 6 people leading the race at different times, 2 crashed (Lewis and Max of course) and everyone else fought like their careers depended on it.

My parents screamed for Daniel as he crossed the line and I was crying tears of happiness. Michael and I embraced, saying more in that way than any words could. This was everything he needed from this season and more. He was back in the running for the world championship and had his second win of the season.

We waited by the barriers for him to come back in and he jumped onto the front of his car, I could hear his screams from here. I knew he was going to love this moment. He took off his helmet and made straight for me. He picked me up and swung me around, holding me tight to his body. "Happy birthday" he whispered in my ear as he set me down. I was blushing hard, cameras all over were snapping pictures, but in this moment I didn't care. He had run at Michael and the mechanics, embraced them while turning to see who had placed beside him. George in P2 and Lando in P3.

I knew it would have been a blow for them, winning their home Grand Prix was everything to a driver, but for right now I only cared for Daniels win. I stood close as he did his interview and they spoke yet again about his pre-race ritual he had started. 'It seems to be working for you' the sky presenter had joked and Daniels eyes met mine. "The best decision I have ever made" he replied as he walked away toward the cool down room.

We didn't have much time after the race to be just us. After a win it involved a lot more media and appearances. We had been busy, podium celebrations, press conference for the winners. The media pen for interviews. Videos for the red bull social media. There had been a party set up at the Hilton hotel and it was now to be in Daniels honour. We'd all booked in a room for the night so we could have a good time.

We finally left the paddock at around 8pm leaving us only about an hour to get ready and prepared for the night. I had invited Lauren to our room to help me get ready. She'd helped me pick out my outfit, so my hair and makeup. Daniel had started to get ready once Lauren headed back, she had started a relationship with Jamie and was headed to his room for some predrinks or 'a quick fuck' as Daniel had said. I was happy for them, I didn't get to see them as much as I'd like to, even though we were all travelling to the same places and in the same team we barely had time for a coffee now a days.

My relationship with Daniel had taken what little time from my personal life and Lauren had her own group of friend she worked with. Nevertheless we always knew we would be there for each other. We spoke everyday on the phone and made no big decisions without the support of each other.

We were finally ready and headed down to the hotel function room.

❤️ 7345 likes liked by @danielricciardo

ElizabethR A home win for me. So proud of our @danielricciardo 🏎️❤️

RedBullRacing he couldn't do it without you Libby!! An early birthday present?
💬 DanielRicciardo definitely the only reason I bothered with it 😜

Maxverstappen1 My DannyRic
💬 DanielRicciardo always yours ❤️

F1Drama 👀❤️
💬 f1dr3 finally made her gram

User284 wooo Danny Ric !!!

F1Wags definitely something going on here

Michaelitaliano Yes DR
💬DanielRicciardo team effort man

User432 congratulations Danny!!!

View all 1605 comments

View 3672 follow requests.