Chapter 4

Eric chimes in, "Hey, Kenny. Marjorine was just telling me how she has never had a boyfriend before. Isn't that sad?"

"I wouldn't say it's sad, we all move at our own pace." He turns to me, "And you just haven't found your match yet."

Woah. He is seriously flirting with me hard. I don't know how to respond to this...

"I guess not..."

Kenny pulls out a sandwich for lunch. He only has the sandwich so I give him a pack of fruit snacks I packed.

"Why are you giving me these?"

"You don't have much food, and I packed too much. Just take them!"

He picks them up and inspects them. "Thanks."

Stan groans, "Jesus, get a room."

Kyle rolls his eyes, "Stan, all she did was give him some fruit snacks. Wendy has done more for you in public before. Plus it's not like she confessed her undying love to him. It's just food."

"Whatever, it's just weird seeing Kenny get along with someone so fast."

Kenny doesn't respond to anything they say, he just eats as if nothing even happened.

-

Right when I'm about to leave for the day Eric catches me, "Hey, Marjorine. Great work today. You have most of the class wrapped around your finger. Keep it up and Kenny will drop the idea of dating Nicole in no time."

"Thanks, I guess..."

Cartman runs off after saying that, leaving me alone at the front of the school. I don't want to go home yet, I'm having so much fun... I look around in search of something to do.

There's a girl with mid-length brown hair sitting in the grass. She looks bored.

"Hello? What are you doing?" I approach her.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for my family to come to get me. They take a while. It's okay though, I like the feeling of grass so it's nice to sit here."

"Can I sit too?"

She pats the grass next to her, "Sure!" 

"What grade are you in?" I ask because she looks a bit younger than me, maybe just a grade lower.

"I'm a freshman."

"Really? You look like a junior."

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"Are you a junior?"

"Haha, no I'm a senior. I just transferred here. My name is Marjorine."

"Well, nice to meet you Marjorine! I can show you around sometime if you want. I've lived here my whole life so I know what's up. We should be friends!"

"You want to be friends with me? I haven't ever had someone want to be friends with me..."

"I do! I don't have many friends either. I just hang out with my siblings but they both have their own friends. It would be nice to have a girlfriend."

I smile, she is super nice, and she wants to be friends with me of all people. I feel kinda honored. 

"I would love to be your friend."

"Yay! We should hang out this weekend then!"

"I think that should work... Let me give you my phone number."

We trade numbers before a car comes to pick her up from school. I wave goodbye to her and look at my phone, she put in her info. Her name is Karen.