Chapter 22

Kenny has a point. Will I be able to enjoy myself? I've never tried wearing a girl's swimsuit and I can't get my wig wet. It could be difficult but... I want to see Kenny in a swimsuit.

"I think I can figure it out. If you're going I want to go."

"Okay, we can get the permission slip after school."

"Okay."

-

I go back to Kenny's house after school. Karen and I sit in her room and talk. Kenny was a bit upset when he found out I would be spending the afternoon with Karen and not him but he got over it when I told him I would sleepover.

Karen is brushing out my real hair. It's gotten a bit longer because I've been avoiding haircuts. She puts it in a couple of small pigtails and smiles.

"You should show Kenny your new look, I think he would like it."

"Really? He won't think it's weird since my hair is so short?"

"He doesn't care about that. He will be happy that you're happy, embracing your true self."

"Maybe..."

"Go show him! I need to start getting dinner ready anyway."

"You're making dinner?"

"We ordered. I just need to set it all up on plates and stuff."

"Alright, I'll go show him then."

I knock on Kenny's door. He yells through it, "Yeah?"

"It's me. Can I come in?"

"Yes."

I go into his room and shut the door behind me. His room smells like him. I like it.

Kenny is laying on his bed, looking at his phone. He shuts it off and sits up to look at me.

"I like your hair. Did Karen do that?"

"She did... she also said I should come show you... a while back she told me you had a thing for pigtails."

He stands up and walks towards me, I back up until my back hits his door.

"I do, I think they're adorable."

He steps so that he is standing less than a foot away from me.

"Kenny?"

"I want to kiss you again."

"You really like kissing, don't you?"

"I do. Kissing you feels amazing."

"Then I guess you can..."

He puts his hand behind my head and looks down at me. He is about half a foot taller than me.

"Are you gonna do it?"

"I'm just admiring you. You're really pretty. Sometimes I find it hard to believe you actually like me back."

"I feel the same way..."

He finally kisses me, slow.

Our lips peel away gently and he looks down at me again. The expression he is wearing shows desperation.

"Mar..."

"Hm?"

He lowers his head to my neck and kisses it. His hand slides down to my thigh and then back up my spine. His touch makes me breathe heavier and heavier.

I'm sure he can hear my breathing. Every time I gasp he pushes his body against mine. He starts to suck on my neck. If he continues like this I'll get a hickey.