Chapter 15

Kenny looks angry... Did I upset him?

"Kenny... I'm sorry..."

"No."

"What?"

"Don't apologize."

"But, I tricked you, I made you think I was someone else..."

"It doesn't matter who you used to be, it matters who you are now. And you said you truly feel that you are Marjorine. So that's that. I always thought you would make a better girl anyway."

"Kenny..."

"I'm not mad at you, Mar. I'm mad at Cartman for trying to blackmail you."

"Do you still like me? Like... Do you still want to be my friend..?"

He smiles sweetly at me. "My feelings for you haven't changed."

"I'm glad..."

"I should kick his ass."

"No! Don't... If you do anything he might tell the whole school about me..."

"Damnit..."

I look at my phone to check the time, I end up seeing my face on the phone screen.

"Oh no... My makeup is all messed up and my wig is tangled... I can't go out like this..."

"Wait here."

"What?"

He leaves the closet. Great.

At least he still likes me... But now that he knows I used to be Butters... Will he ever like me the way I like him?

The way I like him... Oh god... I like him... I like Kenny...

The door opens again, and this time it's Kenny and Karen.

"I got Karen and explained everything on the way over. She carries extra makeup and a hairbrush with her."

I look up at Karen, I feel guilty again.

"Hey, Marjorine. Let's fix you up, okay?"

"Karen? You aren't upset that I'm..."

"No. I'm not. You are my best friend now, gender doesn't matter, all that matters right now is that you feel comfortable in your own skin."

She pulls out some mascara and a handheld mirror. I take them and start fixing my makeup as she brushes out my wig.

-

"There! All better?" She shows me how I look in the mirror. Good as new.

"Yeah... Thank you... Both of you..."

Karen gives me a big hug. "I support you, Marjorine. I love you~"

"Thank you, Karen. I love you too..."

I've never said 'I love you' to a friend before. I've never been that close to someone.

Karen glares at Kenny.

"What?"

"Are you not gonna say it too? Tell her you love her."

"Karen, it's a bit different when I do it."

"How?"

"Becuase I..."

"See? You cant think of a reason. Just say it."

My face gets red, he hasn't even said anything yet, I don't think I could handle it if he said it to me. "Karen, it's okay, he doesn't need to say it."

"Okay... But remember that we both love you, Marjorine. We will be on your side no matter what."

"Thanks."

The bell rings again. Has it already been an hour? I guess time flies.

We all leave the closet and get to our next classes. Kenny walks me to my class before going to his. It was a small gesture but it meant a lot. I felt safe with him next to me.

-

After school, Karen meets me on the grass again.

"How was the rest of your day? Better?"

"Yeah, thanks to you two. I'm just a bit nervous about tomorrow... I have to face that teacher again for homeroom."

"Well, Kenny is in that class, right? Just have him hold your hand the whole time."