Chapter 46

I can't stop him. I just have to watch as he takes my identity.

-

I need to go to school and tell Kenny what happened... but I only have my boy clothes now. I don't want to go to school like this... I can't do it... I can't...

I stay home for a second day.

I hope Kenny and Karen are doing okay. Kenny said he was feeling better but I wish I could check. At least I left the medicine at his house, so if he needs it he can get to it.

I miss him.

-

I've been stuck in my room for a few days. I need to go outside but I'm so scared... I wish I could call Kenny, he could help me get what I need. He and Karen are the only ones I trust to see me like this again... I would go to their house but I'm only allowed out for school...

That's it... I can just say I'm going to school but actually go to Kenny's house! I walk to school so my dad wouldn't know if I just walked a bit further to Kenny's house... He will be pissed if he finds out, but I really don't know what else to do.

On Thursday morning I get dressed in my disgusting clothes and head out. My dad gives a mean look, it's a warning.

I'm scared, but I need to do this.

I walk to Kenny's house. There's 8 hours until school gets out... I don't know what to do...

A tall man in a fishing hat walks out of Kenny's house and looks at me, is this his dad? I've never seen him before.

"What are you doing outside my house?"

"Uh, hi. I need to see Kenny..."

"He's at school."

"I know. I was just gonna wait."

He puts a cigarette in his mouth. "Want me to text him?"

"Could you?"

"Sure."

He lights his cigarette and takes out his phone. It's a flip phone. He sends a message and then almost immediately his phone starts to ring.

"Hello?"

He answers it.

"Yeah. What do you mean? My text was pretty clear, a little blonde boy is here to see you. His name?" He looks at me, "what's your name, kid?"

"Uh, Mar."

"He says it's Mar... yes I'm sure I heard him right he is standing right next to me."

He holds out his phone, "He wants to talk to you."

I take the phone. "Kenny?"

"Mar?! Is it really you?!"

"Yes."

"Where have you been? What are you doing at my house?!"

"It's a long story, but I need to see you and I can't go to school."

"Okay... I'll be there soon, hang tight."

He hangs up and I give the phone back to his dad.

"Thank you, sir."

"No problem. You can sit inside."